Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB112

cLepto-bass

I'm looking to move on my immaculate DB112 in black, which I bought just before christmas and has never left the house.

Build quality and sound quality of these cabs are amazing but considering the size, is still a bit weighty and bulky. I'm moving to uni soon so could do with a slightly smaller alternative in the form of the New York 121 by Markbass.

It comes with a Roqsolid cover.

Not really looking for sale at the moment as I am continual need of a cab, alas the trade. Saying that, I may add a price in the future depending on how the search of the NY121 goes. I can put pictures up for any serious interest.

Edited by uzzell

[quote name='JTUK' post='751763' date='Feb 20 2010, 01:25 PM']I'll trade my GS12 plus cash.. if that could influence your thinking :)[/quote]

I appreciate the offer but I really am after something as small and light as possible. The GS112 is very much as big and heavy as what I have now.

[b]Edit: Maybe interested in an EBS Neo110.[/b]

[quote name='uzzell' post='751728' date='Feb 20 2010, 12:55 PM']I'm looking to move on my immaculate DB112 in black, which I bought just before christmas and has never left the house.

Build quality and sound quality of these cabs are amazing but considering the size, is still a bit weighty and bulky. I'm moving to uni soon so could do with a slightly smaller alternative in the form of the New York 121 by Markbass.

It comes with a Roqsolid cover.

Not really looking for sale at the moment as I am continual need of a cab, alas the trade. Saying that, I may add a price in the future depending on how the search of the NY121 goes. I can put pictures up for any serious interest.[/quote]

Hi

i'd love to know what price you'd like for this if you decide to sell

let me know

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='751863' date='Feb 20 2010, 03:46 PM']Hi

i'd love to know what price you'd like for this if you decide to sell

let me know

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

Hi

Right now, I'm not too sure. I'll have a quick think about it and get back to you. Ideally I'd like the trade but understand that options are limited that way so who knows.

In the meantime, here are some pictures to try and tempt any of you NY121 owners :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='752421' date='Feb 21 2010, 12:47 AM']These really are fantastic cabinets. One thing I will add, the NY121 is also great, but you might lose some end and grunt.[/quote]

Cheers for the heads up. I dont mind a slight reduction in bass responce if it means I am getting an even more compact and light cab. Also, I play mostly chord based classical stuff, well above the 7th fret normally and in all fairness a slightly less bassy cab sounds better for that sort of use. Hopefully that makes sense.

Right, I've had a rethink and decided to put this up for a sale price too. Ideally I'd like the trade but looks unlikely at the moment.

As mentioned before, awesome condition, never left the house let alone gigged!! Beautifull and full sounding small cab capable of solid all round bass goodness. I'm sure most people are aware of the outstanding quality of these cabs. As soon as I have space and likely to be gigging properly again I will be getting another one of these for sure, maybe 2!

Comes with a Roqsolid cover too.

All in all, a great package so looking for £300+p&p.

Any takers?

[quote name='uzzell' post='752585' date='Feb 21 2010, 10:36 AM']Cheers for the heads up. I dont mind a slight reduction in bass responce if it means I am getting an even more compact and light cab. Also, I play mostly chord based classical stuff, well above the 7th fret normally and in all fairness a slightly less bassy cab sounds better for that sort of use. Hopefully that makes sense.[/quote]

Ah, I see, then maybe the Markbass is probably a good solution for you. :)