Why become a member? ×

Chris Larkin and Basslab

FreddyS

Here's some of my stuff. The 9 string and the 6 string are made by Chris Larkin, whil the 8 string is a Basslab bass.
[attachment=42922:xclc_92.jpg]
[attachment=42924:xclc_91.jpg]
[attachment=42923:xclc_93.jpg]
[attachment=42926:wholebass2.jpg]
[attachment=42927:trebface3.jpg]
[attachment=42928:back2.jpg]
[attachment=42929:cimg0903e.jpg]
[attachment=42930:cimg0902u.jpg]

Love the fanned fret 9 and the basslab looks interesting. +1 would be interested to hear your opinion on how it sounds or some clips.

I'm not too keen on the looks of the Singlecut 6, but I'm very particular over the shape/outline that a Singlecut should have.

Hi, the split neck on the Basslab is no problem, I bought this one used for two weeks ago, but I'm already used to it. Sorry no recordings of me playing it yet. I have now restrung it and am now tuning it from B - A#. If I was going to use identical sets on the fretted and the fretted (like in the picture) I'd like it to have a few strings more!
As for the singlecut I can understand that people are not too keen about the looks of it, but it is one of those basses that has too be seen to appreciate it! (Hmm, I've heard people say this about their girlfriends :) ... It doesnt look that nice in photos, but if you see it in person or strap it on and its a totally different story. Ergonomically it is the best bass I've ever had and a pleasure to play!

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='750466' date='Feb 19 2010, 03:43 AM']Wow, that Basslab is different. What's the idea of the angled last fret? Or is it a fret? Welcome to Basschat by the way.[/quote]
Thanks, I think the idea of the angled last fret is (probably) cosmetical!

Yeah, the Basslab is very nice! It also sounds very big, probably due to the hollow neck and body construction. I had been very curious about the Basslabs for a while, and when I found this one used I had to have it. I can say one thing for sure, it won't be the last Basslab I'm getting!

• 1 year later...