Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Korg pandora px4d or px5d?

razze06

What the title says: I am going to get one of these thingies for home practice with backing track, and i'm just wondering if the PX5D is worth the extra £50-£60.

I am also interested in your suggestions for a good place to get either of these (online or near Edinburgh)

Cheers,
Marco

I recently sold a brand new condition PX5D for little over £100 on Ebay, so there might be a good start.

I bought it new, but didnt really use it, was too complicated for me to figure out and I just couldnt be bothered, so flogged it on again.
Im sure its brilliant, but I just couldnt be hashed with it. Seemed to have lots of effects and backing tracks. The record feature was pretty cool, and its very useful for practice away from home.

Forgot to add, its great for plugging into the Pc to record with aswell..

Edited by TRadford

MB1. :)
I own a PX5D... i would recommend it. I have had other earlier Px versions (including the bass version)but this is far and away the best of the bunch.You can access 200 different effects once youve downloaded the software off the disc(for the different set of user). The Drum Machine is very good with 2O set chains (with added basslines you can cancel)and lots of usable beats. For recording.. Audacity will work with it too! (Its supplied with Ableton live).You can also Edit all the effects/drum chains on your Computer Screen...Easier than using the units window,all of the effects are Good and the size and weight of the unit is small/ Thin /lightweight Pocket sized. Its for Guitar and Bass (theres 70 Guitar preset Effects/ 30 Bass Effects.If You Download the other set youll get 140 Guitar Effects and 60 Bass Effects) across the preset/user sets... All Editable!.Its also got 4 buttons on the front to have 4 effects of your choice easily available. This is a Fantastic unit for personal rehearsal... find a used one on Ebay!...Very Happy with mine.

[quote name='Stingray5' post='749231' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:13 AM']I'm not sure if he still uses it but Thomas Risell (MarloweDK) on Youtube uses (used?) a PX4D, then a PX5D, for most of his bass videos.
Sounded pretty decent to me.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Theyre well worth checking out! :rolleyes: