Why become a member? ×

Fender (MIJ) Precision FS

HMX

I've not had this bass long and although it's a great bass, I don't think it's for me. My hands are only small and I like to play complex stuff which is a little difficult on this Precision neck. I'd also like something more versatile.

I'm asking £270 for it (the price I bought it at only a few weeks ago).

Anyway, onto the bass. The body, pickups, hardware, etc. is from an original 88/89 MIJ Fender Precision bass. The neck is from an MIM 50's reissue P-bass and is absolutely gorgeous (I'm a sucker for maple fretboards). The bass sounds like a precision should and is not heavy (9lbs), balances well and looks fantastic! There's a few nicks and scratches on the underside of the input jack, therefore not visible when you're playing and a few on the other side of the bass. I say they add to the bass's charm and they're purely cosmetic.

I'll happily send it if you're willing to organise and pay for postage, otherwise pickup would be better.

I've attached a load of images of the bass :)

Edited by HMX

[quote name='HMX' post='743651' date='Feb 13 2010, 01:51 AM']I've not had this bass long and although it's a great bass, I don't think it's for me. My hands are only small and I like to play complex stuff which is a little difficult on this Precision neck. I'd also like something more versatile, like a Fender Jazz. So let's see what you've got.

Alternatively, the bass is worth around £270 (the price I bought it at only a few weeks ago) and I'd possibly go part-ex if need be.

Anyway, onto the bass. The body, pickups, hardware, etc. is from an original MIJ Fender Precision bass. The neck is from a 50's reissue P-bass and is absolutely gorgeous (I'm a sucker for maple fretboards). The bass sounds like a precision should and is not heavy, balances well and looks fantastic!

I'm not 100% on this yet, hence this being a feeler.[/quote]

Also PM'd

I just picked up an MIJ Precision on this here forum and I'm very happy with it. All that classic Precision "thing" for next to no money and it doesn't weigh anything either. My MIA Precision is like a big lump of lead in comparison!

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='744586' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:09 AM']interested in a very versatile epiphone t-bird with hardcase?[/quote]
Sorry mate, not really in the market for a t-bird at the moment.

[quote name='HMX' post='747567' date='Feb 16 2010, 06:20 PM']Evening bump :)[/quote]

Howdy, This bass used to be mine, the body is a 1988/89 japaneese body with a 2009 brand new maple neck from a 50's re-issue mexican precision.

The scratchplate was changed from the original white one too this black one but is a genuine fender part. All pickups,pots,hardware are from the 88/89 japan model.

Superb lightweight body and the neck fits the pocket like a dream

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark

[quote name='4 candles' post='747576' date='Feb 16 2010, 06:25 PM']Howdy, This bass used to be mine, the body is a 1988/89 japaneese body with a 2009 brand new maple neck from a 50's re-issue mexican precision.

The scratchplate was changed from the original white one too this black one but is a genuine fender part. All pickups,pots,hardware are from the 88/89 japan model.

Superb lightweight body and the neck fits the pocket like a dream

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark[/quote]
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for the details, very interesting!

My bass built before I was born. Crikey.

Carl

[quote name='daveybass' post='748453' date='Feb 17 2010, 02:03 PM']Would you be interested in trading for a Squier TB Precision?I think the neck is more in line with a Jazz

Cheers

Dave[/quote]
Sorry Dave, I'm after a Jazz, I need something more versatile. Thanks