Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SPECTOR EURO 5LX EX w/U-Retro + F Case

Sean

Hi All

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I'm selling my two Spector Euros. Both are fitted with John East U-Retro preamps and both come with full aluminium/ply heavy duty flight cases.

The light here today is rubbish for photography of anything let alone shiny basses so please excuse the substandard pics.

They both have Schaller strap lock buttons.

This one as you can see is the 5-string. It's a maple thru-neck and has Alder/Walnut/Poplar Burl sandwich wings and it's 8.2 lbs - very light for 5-string Spector. The U-Retro on this one was specially made by John East for this instrument - instead of the usual three stacked pots, it has two stacked pots (bass/treble and mid/sweep) and separate volume and blend knobs. It does not have the toggles fitted as these are effectively redundant in an EMG equipped Spector with a preamp. It has EMG 40DC pickups and has an absolutely huge tone. The U-Retro makes it extremely versatile and it's good for any style of music. String spacing is 17mm at the bridge and it's a 35" scale.

I'm offering this at [b] £1000 [/b]as it has the U-Retro fitted and a full flight case.

[b]No trades.[/b]

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='738088' date='Feb 7 2010, 01:51 PM']Hi All

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I'm selling my two Spector Euros. Both are fitted with John East U-Retro preamps and both come with full aluminium/ply heavy duty flight cases.[/quote]

Crikey Sean! I trust everything's OK?!? :)

Have a free bump for a beautiful bass....

[quote name='cetera' post='738784' date='Feb 8 2010, 11:04 AM']Crikey Sean! I trust everything's OK?!? :)[/quote]

Thanks for the concern. Nothing too drastic, thankfully. And nothing that can't be solved by turning some gear into cash. I'm going to miss 'em but with a bit of luck I'll be shopping again next year. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ashevans09' post='778958' date='Mar 18 2010, 06:18 PM']The moment my Pedulla goes I'm so here... this is exactly what i want to replace it with.

How does the U retro affect tone? Cos I love the absolute bite of the Spector tone. Does it diminish it in any way?[/quote]

The U-Retro only enhances and makes it even more versatile. I think Spector should offer it as an option.