Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot V-Type 600 Valve/MOSFET Rig

[quote name='jonnyfastfingers' post='744325' date='Feb 13 2010, 09:09 PM']I've just been advised by Andy on here with the V4 that I'm selling the rig too cheap so I'mn going to take advice before I sell it.

Thanks Jon[/quote]
Fair play. I think £400 is about right for the head, but given you have the flightcase as well you can go higher. The cab is spot on though IMO.

[quote name='Merton' post='744576' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:00 AM']Fair play. I think £400 is about right for the head, but given you have the flightcase as well you can go higher. The cab is spot on though IMO.[/quote]

Have to disagree with that view. The 1048h is a phenomenal cab and as far as I recall its 800watt. Last one I saw sold for £400 - not in same condition nor flight cased. The flight cases obviously add value to the rig as well. As far as the head goes, inc. flightcase, it surpasses the equivalent Ampeg SVT3 pro of which commands an rrp of around £1k and sells s/h for around £500. A value of around £600 would be about right for the head in my view and experience of course.

It is a phenomenal rig in pristine condition with flight cases, an asking price of £1k would not be ridiculous nor outwith the realms of fairness considering the quality, tone and sheer power and...the flight cases on their own must be worth on the region of £300 s/h.

good luck

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='744625' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:54 AM']Have to disagree with that view. The 1048h is a phenomenal cab and as far as I recall its 800watt. Last one I saw sold for £400 - not in same condition nor flight cased. The flight cases obviously add value to the rig as well. As far as the head goes, inc. flightcase, it surpasses the equivalent Ampeg SVT3 pro of which commands an rrp of around £1k and sells s/h for around £500. A value of around £600 would be about right for the head in my view and experience of course.

It is a phenomenal rig in pristine condition with flight cases, an asking price of £1k would not be ridiculous nor outwith the realms of fairness considering the quality, tone and sheer power and...the flight cases on their own must be worth on the region of £300 s/h.

good luck

andy[/quote]
I understand re. the flightcases (keep forgetting about them), but that cab is 320W, it's a mid 90's model and quite frankly not worth more than £200 on its own. Anyone who pays more for one is a mug IMO.

This rig is an exceptional example, pristine condition and the flightcases do help, but even so that cab is the "bog standard" Trace cab of the era. The head is another matter entirely, quite a rare beast but still not as rare as the all valve beasts I'm afraid. It's a solid state power amp remember...

I'd say for a quick sale £600 min, but you could push to £800 with the right buyer.

Just my opinion of course, and not wanting to detract from a fantastic rig :)

[quote name='andy67' post='745066' date='Feb 14 2010, 06:11 PM']hey bud ^^^

unless I'm missing stuff or having another senior moment...these cabs are the top end of Trace Elliot 4x10!

andy[/quote]

They where the top end when Trace's quility was nothing short of questionable IIRC. No doubt it'll still be amazing, but lightweight gear has also pushed the demand for cabs like these down.

Definately think you might be better off on eBay with this one mate - I'm sure the Robbie thing will be a better selling point than on here :)

[quote name='andy67' post='745066' date='Feb 14 2010, 06:11 PM']hey bud ^^^

unless I'm missing stuff or having another senior moment...these cabs are the top end of Trace Elliot 4x10!

andy[/quote]
Yes and no. This particular model is two-a-penny all over the country I'm afraid, and was built at a time when the QC started going (albeit slowly) downhill. If I had a Trace 4x10 it's be one of the really old ones or brand new 2010 models.

[quote name='Merton' post='745509' date='Feb 15 2010, 07:56 AM']Yes and no. This particular model is two-a-penny all over the country I'm afraid, and was built at a time when the QC started going (albeit slowly) downhill. If I had a Trace 4x10 it's be one of the really old ones or brand new 2010 models.[/quote]

Definitely are hundreds of the 1048h for sale but all the old wooden ones.

Still recall this being 800w and much sought after. However could be wrong I'll do some more digging.

andy

In my opinion the cabinets is worth £200-250 and the Head is worth £400-500, if you sold both together expect to get £600-£650.

I have owned and sold the V8, and the better 4 x 12 with horn, which was 900watts, (from the V range). It should tell you on the back what rating the cab is. My cab went for £250 I think.

Let's see what it fetches on evil-bay!

And then some...

Could you tell me the watts and ohms on the cab please.

All I can find re this is 320w 1048h but that would be rather silly considering the amp is 600w. Tis a v-series amp and cap therefore they should match output?

andy

great rig though and one I would very much like!!

Well I've decided to stick these separately on Evil Bay starting at £50 each so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the interest peeps.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-V-Type-600H-Bass-Valve-Amp-Flight-cased_W0QQitemZ140383335761QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item20af7fb551"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-V-Type-...=item20af7fb551[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-1048H-Bass-Speaker-Cab-Flight-Cased_W0QQitemZ140383338803QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL?hash=item20af7fc133"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trace-Elliot-1048H-B...=item20af7fc133[/url]

Why is this thread being allowed.

Unless I'm missing something here, Bankai made a legitimate offer to purchase at the OPs asking price which has been ignored by the OP as he wants more on ebay??? Not a good way to do business. I'd be really ticked off if I made an offer to buy at asking price and it was ignored.

Glad I didnt want this rig.
FWIW also you cant compare this head to the Ampeg SVT3 pro, its a different animal. Have also found flightcases don't always add value. Some folks just don't want them and you never get what they are worth. Better sold sepreately,and I don't think the sellers prices would be affected.

S