Why become a member? ×

CORT GB94 real wood grain, block inlays. New Pics.

Cygnus x-1

For sale Cort GB94 bass. Beautifull high gloss real wood polished grain, absolute stonking bass for the money. Plays and sounds superb.
No knocks, No bangs, No dings, No scratches, No buckle rash, perfect strings.....As New!

This bass has never been used and is as new, infact when I bought the bass it was a new delivery and had only been on the shop wall that day. You could walk into a shop now and get one down that has had more use than mine, it's just lived in it's case since I got it apart from the odd times (few minutes here & there) i've had a play on it.

The reason it's had so little use is the reason i'm selling it, I also have a Ibanez sr500 which I use all the time. The sounds of the two bases are very similar except the CORT has a larger range of sounds available.

The Cort is the better made, better finish, higher quality bass, so I should be selling the sr500, BUT, the Ibanez was bought for me as a present & holds great sentimental value. Cort make some incredible basses in their own name but also some instruments are made at the same factory for Fender, Ibanez, G&L, Lakland and more.

These bases go for around £600 now so i'm wanting £400, OR will trade for Geddy Lee Jazz, MM Sterling SB14 or Ray34, Tokai Jazz, Squier CV Jazz or cheaper (quality) Jazz copy.

SPECS:

Swamp Ash body with a spalted maple top in high gloss. It is beautifully
made with a gorgeous slim, fast neck.

BODY Swamp ash w/ exotic figured maple top SCALE 34 (864mm)

NECK Maple, C Shape. CONSTRUCTION Bolt-on

NECK WIDTH 1F : 38mm / 22F : 62mm NECK THICKNESS 1F:21mm, 12F:23mm

FINGERBOARD Rosewood, 12 Radius(305mm) FRET 22/ Large (2.7mm)

INLAY Rectangular White Pearl BRIDGE EB12(4)

TUNER Hipshot lic. NUT Graphite White

PICKUP Seymour Duncan SJB-3n Quarter Pound Jazz Bass & SMB4-D Music Man

CONTROL Seymour Duncan BEQ-3 / 1vol, 1blend, 3-band, frequency selector S/W
(with slap switch)

HARDWARE CR (Chrome) STRINGS Daddario EXL165(105-045)

UNIQUE FEATURE Layered Body Top
Neutrick Locking Jack Socket

Thanks..Nick.

[attachment=42066:cortbass_015.jpg] [attachment=42067:cortbass_009.jpg] [attachment=42075:cortbass_010.jpg]

[attachment=42069:cortbass_012.jpg] [attachment=42070:cortbass_014.jpg] [attachment=42072:cortbass_016.jpg]

[attachment=42073:cortbass_018.jpg] [attachment=42074:cortbass_013.jpg]

Edited by Cygnus x-1

hey Kets, i'm a bit suprised aswell, maybe wrong time of year? your list at bottom of your post looks quite interesting, anything you fancy trading?

If it wasn't for the fact I have my Ibanez SR500 which I have to keep, I would definitely be keeping the Cort. But because of the sound similarity's I fancy something different, I would also consider a trade against a tidy condition Markbass CMD 121p combo.

[quote name='Cygnus x-1' post='745290' date='Feb 14 2010, 09:18 PM']hey Kets, i'm a bit suprised aswell, maybe wrong time of year? your list at bottom of your post looks quite interesting, anything you fancy trading?

If it wasn't for the fact I have my Ibanez SR500 which I have to keep, I would definitely be keeping the Cort. But because of the sound similarity's I fancy something different, I would also consider a trade against a tidy condition Markbass CMD 121p combo.[/quote]

PM'd.