Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ4 - Lake Placid Blue -SOLD

Floyd Pepper

Hi,

Here's the bass that converted me to Lakland.
It's a 2006 Lakland DJ4 in Lake Placid Blue with maple block neck, Aero pick ups and it has the J East retro installed. I bought this from OBBM last summer and enjoyed it so much that I bought another one in a Natural finish which is the one that I'm keeping.
It has a white pearl finish scratchplate fitted but it will also come with the original matt white one and it comes in a GTI hardcase.
Excellent condition apart from the chip on the top of the headstock which I understand was accidently done where the previous owner before OBBM dropped the lid of the hardcase on the end of it.
I would prefer collection (near J13 M25) or willing to meet in a reasonable distance. £SOLD for this one.
[attachment=41506:DSC_6150.JPG][attachment=41507:DSC_6153.JPG][attachment=41508:DSC_6156.JPG]

Cheers,
Jim

Edited by Floyd Pepper

[quote name='tom1946' post='733498' date='Feb 2 2010, 09:26 PM']Me again, how do they differ from a Fender Jazz?
Is it the sound or build quality or maybe the playability?

Damn it I wasn't going to buy any more bass's :)[/quote]

Well this is always a subjective thing but personally, I would say that the physical aspects (a great neck and a slightly smaller, more contoured Jazz Body) make it a bass that you really want to pick up and play. As for the sound, I would say that the combination of the Aero pick ups and J east Retro preamp make this a bright sounding Jazz. I've used this in my covers band as it gives you the versatility to have a Jazz sound but you can add a little rockier edge to it when required.
Others may have more A/B experience with this and other Jazz basses but all I know is that I'm still keeping my other one as my main Jazz Bass 'cause it sounds so good and it makes me play more bass. As for build quality, I've never found Lakland lacking in any area.

Go on, you know it makes sense :rolleyes: