Why become a member? ×

Ive gone all jazz

Recently i was plodding around dawsons in manchester and i happened by chance to try out the squier modified jazz (ive always fantasized about maple with block inlays). I was blown away by the playability. MUCH more practical than my t-bird and i am now in love.

what do all you guys think?

one more point, is there any interest in the market for a t-bird IV or have i just got a stinking block of cheese?

[quote name='leschirons' post='718166' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:01 PM']They're like the "Strat" of the bass world. If you could only use one bass etc etc.

I love em, but understand some don't. You can do any gig with a Jazz.[/quote]

bought a vintage mod today, gigged it tonight........ WOW the power was seething through my fingers.

i think there was also a sticky patch in my pants

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='723532' date='Jan 24 2010, 08:53 PM']even tough it is heavier than the t-bird, i find it hangs much better and stops the old shoulder from playing up![/quote]

Aye, tell me about it! (Just bought a T Bird pro and not lovin it).

Jez :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='723579' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:33 PM']The VMJ is a heavy Jazz my MIM and MIA are lighter.

Fantastic basses.[/quote]

cant say ive ever tried mexican or even american jazzes. will do one day though. got a keen eye on the classic 70's jazz. (must be my fetish for block inlays)

I love the look of Jazzes but don't get on with the narrow neck. If they did one with a fatter neck I'd be there straight away. They sound & look great though

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='717131' date='Jan 18 2010, 09:04 PM']one more point, is there any interest in the market for a t-bird IV or have i just got a stinking block of cheese?[/quote]

I've had & sold on two. Both sold quickly & easily. Bear in mind though that Guitar Guitar have them in stock new for £199. Hard cases don't tend to add value, they just tend to improve your chances of selling. They are only really an investment if keeping the instrument.