Why become a member? ×

Schecter Baron Bass

merello

one was for sale for ages last year.(the brown one) minus a volume knob iirc.Don't think it sold ,could be wrong.
I noticed that my schecter stiletto elite 5 is now d iscontinued, tho' it seemed very popular.
I wonder why they keep changing their models ??

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Sound control - before they went bust -had one for sale in a 'go on make me an offer' manager special. Dont think they could shift if even then......

They sound great but have a big body shape - got a nice mid hump know that really adds to the sound. I would say if you like the look\size and the money is right get it.

[quote name='krispn' post='717224' date='Jan 18 2010, 09:56 PM']Sound control - before they went bust -had one for sale in a 'go on make me an offer' manager special. Dont think they could shift if even then......[/quote]

I actually very nearly bought it at their closedown sale...pipped at the posty by one of their staff, who is thinking of selling it on. I can put you in touch if you like.

When I played it, I thought it had a really powerful tone, with strong lower mids and trebles. Not too much unlike a stingray, really. The neck is super chunky, but the whole thing is not very heavy IIRC. Maybe not the ideal tool for smooth jazz, but what do i know?

I played one in Sound Control Birmingham (as it then was). Very nice sound - pretty much a Stingray vibe going on as you'd expect. On the downside, the body is pretty chunky.

I would also want to try one on a strap - all tele shaped basses I've tried have had real neck dive.

They look fantastic though!

Speaking of sound control: I think they were at the time the only uk seller of Schecter's.
One regret about me and sound control;They stocked these creamy leather amps ,which would have matched my Telecaster
but I couldn't remember the name of'em -or the price! Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='cocco' post='718394' date='Jan 19 2010, 08:58 PM']sh*t the bed. I really like that. I just hate the schecter headstock. also I hope maple is a fretboard option.[/quote]
Discontinued but there is a 2nd hand one for sale online but without images or much info!