Why become a member? ×

hello...

Chest Rockwell

Hi, thought I'd better say hi as I post very occasionally. I'm just in the market for a new bass and never been a gear head and dont really know what's out there. I'm 36, live in Cardiff and have the same Aria Pro II SLB that I bought with money I had for my 18th birthday! I've just started a new band in the stoner rock/doomy riffing kinda vein and im after a nice easily playable bass with a nice tone and character to it. and no I dont even know what that means. I just got a Big Muff pedal which I'll be testing out Monday at volume. rather excited... :lol: I'm a Metalhead through and through. Came up on Thrash and Maiden, etc and still love it, though I'll argue the merits of the first two Duran albums, Michael Jackson's good stuff and a lot of old skool Rap! :lol:

I do find 80% of basses hideous looking I must say! Headless basses just too much! :rolleyes: Anyways I think I've settled on a Geddy Lee Fender, played a bunch of Fenders at a local guitar shop and that just felt really good, just above the Highway One. Fender based on the rep and tone I've heard. They're like nearly £800 in the shop, £700 online and £4-600 2nd hand, if I can find an un-dinged one that someone'll actually sell me and that I can retrieve easily!

I'll likely lurk as you guys are way above me, but this site is pretty cool and I like the vibe.

so yep, Hi! :)

Neal.

Hiya Neal, although wev'e already "spoke".
My Geddy went before I really decided to sell it.
The Geddy is definitely growlier than than the Highway, but the Highway is lighter.
Keep on looking and take your time.
Enjoy this forum, it's blinding for the knowledge folk readily share.
Good look with everything, and up the Maidens!

('arris gimme you fingers and skill!)

Cheers,
Karl.