Why become a member? ×

Sold****Seymour Duncan STC-2 Preamp Sold****

2 band preamp, see link here: -

[url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/basslines/cutting-edge-1/stc2_stc32_3ban/"]http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/bass...tc2_stc32_3ban/[/url]

Bought from another BassChatter for a project that didn't happen

Has a slap switch, and comes with the matt black knobs.

£50 posted.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='702330' date='Jan 5 2010, 11:49 PM']2 band preamp, see link here: -

[url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/basslines/cutting-edge-1/stc2_stc32_3ban/"]http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/bass...tc2_stc32_3ban/[/url]

Bought from another BassChatter for a project that didn't happen

Has a slap switch, and comes with the matt black knobs.

£50 posted.[/quote]

Do you know the bass and treble frequency centres for this preamp? I can't find anything on the basslines product page. Thanks

[quote name='ikay' post='702905' date='Jan 6 2010, 02:46 PM']Do you know the bass and treble frequency centres for this preamp? I can't find anything on the basslines product page. Thanks[/quote]

Sorry, I haven't a clue. I didn't get any documentation when I bought it as the wiring diagrams are easily available.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='704350' date='Jan 7 2010, 03:55 PM']How many pots and switches does this version have? Does it include a blend pot? Is it for use with Passive or active pups?[/quote]

It's the passive version with Volume, Blend and a Stacked Bass/Treble. The "Slap" setting is activated by pulling the Volume Control

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='ikay' post='702905' date='Jan 6 2010, 02:46 PM']Do you know the bass and treble frequency centres for this preamp? I can't find anything on the basslines product page. Thanks[/quote]

I've e-mailed SD for the answer and will post their reply when, (if), I get one.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='713425' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:24 AM']I've e-mailed SD for the answer and will post their reply when, (if), I get one.[/quote]

Cheers, they really should put this sort of basic technical info on their site...

Just to Point out this is a 3 Knob pre-Amp.
Although I was going to put it in a 4 Hole Bass and use the spare hole for either a Low Battery Indicator or a "Kill" Switch to save having to unplug between sets.
(Cause I'm lazy, sorry I mean I keep leaving leads plugged in and running batteries down).

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='713425' date='Jan 15 2010, 09:24 AM']I've e-mailed SD for the answer and will post their reply when, (if), I get one.[/quote]

Don't hold your breath waiting for the reply Stuart! You might be better asking the question on their forum, someone usually rolls along with the answer. That's how I found out about my similar active circuit and where to source the pots it needed.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='718597' date='Jan 19 2010, 11:58 PM']Don't hold your breath waiting for the reply Stuart! You might be better asking the question on their forum, someone usually rolls along with the answer. That's how I found out about my similar active circuit and where to source the pots it needed.[/quote]

Thanks K. Another forum to join :)
It's not just them, I am waiting for a response from 2 other High Profile Equipment companies and it looks like neither is now going to get my business....

Finally got an answer from SD and here it is.

Tone Control Centre Frequency:
Bass - 30Hz +/- 12dB
Treble - 5.4kHz +/- 15dB

Slap Contour Centre Frequency (adjustable)

Bass Boost - 83Hz +3dB to +9dB
Midrange cut - 633 -3dB to -11dB

I've got the full spec sheet now, if you need more info.