Why become a member? ×

'worship' brand basses - what are they made of??

pal1972

[quote name='Spoombung' post='699281' date='Jan 3 2010, 09:47 AM']For a moment there I thought this was going to be another one of those weird "which bass is best for Worship Music" threads...[/quote]

Basses made by Jesus, obviously, He was after all a carpenter.

[quote name='Spoombung' post='699281' date='Jan 3 2010, 09:47 AM']For a moment there I thought this was going to be another one of those weird "which bass is best for Worship Music" threads...[/quote]whats weird about that..if anywould said that i would think they meant what bass is best for Worship,Gospel, etc

[quote name='bubinga5' post='700048' date='Jan 3 2010, 10:16 PM']whats weird about that..if anywould said that i would think they meant what bass is best for Worship,Gospel, etc[/quote]

Because as a genre it's not sufficently different or distinguished enough from the all the other types of music that use exactly the same western-standard pop music instrumentation, ie, drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and vocals/choirs. As far as I can tell, it's only indentifable feature is it's lyrical and communal message and I don't see how your type of bass guitar can influence or effect that much.

I find the question 'weird' for the other genres too - as people play a huge variety of different models whatever area of music they're in. Instruments have cultural roles and the bass guitar is no different than any other instrument in this respect.

Ironically if the question ran "what bass do I need for Bulgarian folk music" it might be more valid/stimulating.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='700295' date='Jan 4 2010, 11:03 AM'][url="http://www.worshipguitars.com/product_info.php?products_id=61"]http://www.worshipguitars.com/product_info...?products_id=61[/url][/quote]
What's up with that website?
click on one the links & it tries to download a php file. Try to go to the home page, at worshipguitars.com and it says access denied.

I wouldn't be surprised if those basses were coming out of the same factory as sx - generic copies sold under any number of names at a similar price.

Then again Jesus was a carpenter by trade, perhaps he made the basses, but isn't quite as good at making websites.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='700326' date='Jan 4 2010, 11:39 AM']What's up with that website?
click on one the links & it tries to download a php file. Try to go to the home page, at worshipguitars.com and it says access denied.

I wouldn't be surprised if those basses were coming out of the same factory as sx - generic copies sold under any number of names at a similar price.

Then again Jesus was a carpenter by trade, perhaps he made the basses, but isn't quite as good at making websites.[/quote]

I thought it was just my connection for a minute. At one point it said I didn't have permission to access the server. :)

They look ok, and for some reason I quite liked the pink one :rolleyes: