Why become a member? ×

Bob Babbitt signature precision

Ray C

Anybody out there heard anything about this at all???. I've been a big big fan of the man for what seems like decades, (old fart) and I have to say, if Bob has the ''final say'' then I'm sure the bass will be something else.
OK, so maybe Jamerson was supposedly 'the daddy'', but I reckon Bob B was just as good. especially having to fill his shoes (which he did with distinction) in the ''snakepit'' with the Funkbrothers. There was a small hint from the man himself on You Tube about a possible ''tribute'', but I think that interview was some time ago.
As I said if anybody has heard anything I'd be greatful to hear, if it turns out to be a Fender Custom Shop run, then I'll dream on, but if its a normal ''factory run'' then I'd be VERY tempted. Happy festive season to one and all!. Aye, Ray C.

[quote name='Ray C' post='696717' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:49 PM']Anybody out there heard anything about this at all???. I've been a big big fan of the man for what seems like decades, (old fart) and I have to say, if Bob has the ''final say'' then I'm sure the bass will be something else.
OK, so maybe Jamerson was supposedly 'the daddy'', but I reckon Bob B was just as good. especially having to fill his shoes (which he did with distinction) in the ''snakepit'' with the Funkbrothers. There was a small hint from the man himself on You Tube about a possible ''tribute'', but I think that interview was some time ago.
As I said if anybody has heard anything I'd be greatful to hear, if it turns out to be a Fender Custom Shop run, then I'll dream on, but if its a normal ''factory run'' then I'd be VERY tempted. Happy festive season to one and all!. Aye, Ray C.[/quote]
There's a thread about it [url="http://www.bobbabbitt.com/smf/index.php/topic,279.0.html"]here[/url] at the Babbitt forum - looks like it's now on hold:

Bob Babbitt (July 13th 2009) says 'Hey guys....The economy has slowed things down a little at Fender as far as future product is concerned......So the Babbitt Bass seems to be on hold for a while....I will have more info about the Bass soon...I will keep you updated....'

A great quote from the man himself...[BB forum]
check out the last line...

The Fender people are so down to earth and committed to expanding their tradition of
making the best Basses and Guitars in the world! I know that when the time comes for the "Babbitt Bass" they will be 1000% behind it!
[b]Sorry, I said I was going to write a "quick Bass note" but I think I took a solo>>>>>[/b].... :) :rolleyes:

Garry