Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine - Nov/Dec Edition

obbm

There I was thumbing through the latest edition that dropped through the letterbox this morning when I chanced upon an article called Weekend Warriors on page 72 which featured our own "Stingrayfan" and his band "Wag The Dog".

Nice one Matt. Well done.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='ped' post='76904' date='Oct 20 2007, 11:08 AM']Brill!! I presume he mentioned Basschat all the time ;0)[/quote]

Can't see it there however we do get a mention in " A Trace Of History" on page 86.

[quote name='ped' post='76908' date='Oct 20 2007, 11:11 AM']What does it say?[/quote]

"So when I spotted a vintage Trace combo going for free in the small ads of a UK bass forum, Bassworld (now called Basschat, www.basschat.co.uk) I was onto it like a shot"

[quote name='ped' post='76912' date='Oct 20 2007, 11:20 AM']Haha superb!!! What's the context? Maybe I should just buy the magazine eh? Nowhere in Witney stocks it unfortunately ;0)[/quote]

It's about someone who picked up a dead 1984 Trace 1110 combo from Bassworld for free, got it repaired for a small sum and is now gigging with it. The interesting bit is that it was probably a prototype, being serial number 002 and was probably evaluated by Mark King as it has his name inside it. Now you don't need to buy the magazine.

[quote name='obbm' post='76917' date='Oct 20 2007, 11:26 AM']It's about someone who picked up a dead 1984 Trace 1110 combo from Bassworld for free, got it repaired for a small sum and is now gigging with it. The interesting bit is that it was probably a prototype, being serial number 002 and was probably evaluated by Mark King as it has his name inside it. Now you don't need to buy the magazine.[/quote]

That was my Trace - I put it up on Bassworld and Matt Smith collected it from me. I recognised it and him as soon as I opened BGM this morning. My mate asked me if I was gutted but I'm glad it's gone off to a good home otherwise it would still be in my garage or more than likely been cannibalised by a friend of mine up the road. Nice story and I'm glad to see it's now having the use it deserves.

Oh bugger - I've been rumbled. Although because of the postal strikes, I've yet to see my copy.

Thanks Sean for the Trace combo. It sounds great and defo worth the return trip to Bristol to pick it up. I'll prob use it again on Friday night at the local pub.

Watch out for the next issue which should feature another BC'er in the Weekend Warrior slot. I will keep his identity a mystery so as not to spoil the surprise.

Good to hear you're all buying BGM. The more support it gets, the more it can grow.

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='stingrayfan' date='Oct 20 2007, 06:14 PM' post='77061']
Oh bugger - I've been rumbled. Although because of the postal strikes, I've yet to see my copy.

Thanks Sean for the Trace combo. It sounds great and defo worth the return trip to Bristol to pick it up. I'll prob use it again on Friday night at the local pub.

Watch out for the next issue which should feature another BC'er in the Weekend Warrior slot. I will keen his identity a mystery so as not to spoil the surprise.

Good to hear you're all buying BGM. The more support it gets, the more it can grow.

MB1. :)
Are you saying thats not the full sized Stuart Clayton then?