Why become a member? ×

PJB Bass Buddy

peteb

A superb investment for little financial outlay:

Pros:
A very clean and uncluttered representation of your tone - you'll hear everything
Incredibly musical EQ specifically for bass with loads of tone shaping control
Onboard compressor/limiter that's very very good indeed
Can be run on batteries
Will power a cabinet to 10 watts making it an ideal practice unit too (not with batteries though)
Robustly built/superb build quality
Balanced (very quiet) DI out for recording is superb
Used with a powered cabinet, you'll have all the tools you'll need to gig

Cons:
Simply none at this price

Essentially the PJB is the same as the Briefcase unit but with out the 100 watts amp. I love PJ stuff and can't praise it enough.

I looked into "upgrading" to a Briefcase too, Chris, but despite the appearance the Briefcase is NOT a Bass Buddy installed in a larger housing with some speakers ... you do lose some functionality, and the bits you lose happened to be the bit I needed most!

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='699608' date='Jan 3 2010, 03:14 PM']Cheers buddy.[/quote]

£150 and it's yours mate. I think that's what I paid, I'll check, and if it was less, I'll drop accordingly

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='699680' date='Jan 3 2010, 04:56 PM']I looked into "upgrading" to a Briefcase too, Chris, but despite the appearance the Briefcase is NOT a Bass Buddy installed in a larger housing with some speakers ... you do lose some functionality, and the bits you lose happened to be the bit I needed most![/quote]

Cheers Jack, I've found that I just need a small gig amp with a few wother features so the upgrade works well

C