Why become a member? ×

Maplins Ali Head case in the sale

OldGit

[quote name='bassmandan' post='81404' date='Oct 30 2007, 06:34 PM']PS: there [i]is[/i] a B&Q in Stourbridge; it's on the Ring Road just by the cop shop, and the nearest B&Q Warehouse would probably be Mucklow Hill in Halesowen...... for those of you who may have been wondering![/quote]

There is indeedy - I used to work there in the late 80's, also never went hungry as my mum was the head cook in the cop shop canteen at the time :) - Then moved to become the warehouseman in the Halesowen branch (was on Long Lane then) - then left that to work in Do-It-All on Mucklow Hill :huh:

I found that a large laptop bag/satchel was better for my LMK. When I sold the LMK I took the leads out of my silver Maplins case (from one of their sales 10 years ago) and started bunging my leads in the laptop bag (easier to carry and you can squeeze it into the car better). It also helps you rationalise how much junk you carry... you'd be amazed how much extra cr*p you start carrying when you buy those big silver cases :) I'm sure there's some law of physics that says that the amount of spare equipment that you will carry is in direct proportion to the largest space that you have available.

Might fit Markbass, but it's just too small to squeeze an iAmp 350 into.

I have one of these cases. I took off the hinges, replaced them with some lift-off ones and turned it upside-down. My pedal board (a grand name for some lengths of 1x2 chopped up and screwed together) lives in it.

Despite the tough looks, the construction is quite flimsy. Under that thin sheet of tinfoil is a thin piece of cardboard and not much else. I had to put some aluminium packers under the new hinges to stop them pulling through. OK for bits, pieces cables, etc but I don't think I'd trust an expensive amp to it.

[quote name='Merton' post='81442' date='Oct 30 2007, 08:05 PM']Haha!

I just got one of the foam-lined cases actually, grand little box it is too :-)[/quote]

MB1. :)

Grand little box? and Essex girls? on the same reply............................ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRON! :huh: