Yamaha BB614...any views

iconic

[b]Strings Scale 34" (864 mm)
BodyType Alder
Pick Up System Spilit Single Coil x 2, Ceramic Bar Single Coil x 1
MaterialNeck Maple
Finger Board Rosewood
Bridge Vintage Style
FunctionsOverall Controls Other Control Pickup Balancer, Master Volume, Balancer, 3-Band EQ [/b][i][/i]

Been looking on and off for a BB-614, it's the BB 4 string but with active picks ups, 3 off them...god knows why I don't need another bass but seen one for sale at a good price and in the colour I want too, obviously very important :)

any thoughts on them very welcome

Yamaha's BB series, you can't really go wrong. The P/J configuration of the current 414/614 first appeared on the 3000. Earlier models, such as the 1200 and 2000 featured a reversed P pickup. Much prefer passive basses, but the 614 has both the BB heritage, and tone circuitry based on the TRB series. I'd say "super bass", but that's a whole other series!

The 374 is a double hum bucker 3EQ active, the 614 has Active Split Single-coil & Soapbar Single-coil pups.

Can anyone say what difference will I find sound wise? I'm hoping even punchier than my RBX which sounds great to me

Am I going to find any difference, are these two basses too similar to notice anything?

thanks for the help guys