Why become a member? ×

RED FENDER JAGUAR, **NOW SOLD**

tom1946

Decided to sell my red Jaguar as I'm not using it and it's a shame to see it doing nothing.
Condition is totally as new.

I have shielded it using copper self adhesive tape under the pickguard and it's made a huge difference.
(For anyone that isn't aware these can hum a bit)

Has a good padded gigbag with it. (Not Fender)

Looking for £500, no offers thanks.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='692995' date='Dec 24 2009, 02:59 PM']14years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought these basses were brand new and on sale in 2006!![/quote]
They [i]were[/i] only introduced in 2006. There seems to even be a bit of serial number confusion [url="http://www.fender.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12867"]on the Fender forums[/url].

Fender's own Japanese instrument dating guide doesn't go any further than 2004-2005, but if you extrapolate the letter sequence, you can guess that 2005-6 instruments started with an S, and 2006-7 started with a T. Doesn't explain the number of digits, but they may well have gone back to 6 digits. And there may be a difference related to CIJ vs MIJ. Who knows? Not me. But this bass surely wasn't available 14 years ago.

When did you get hold of it, tom1946?

I thought it was 2005 but 2006 must be right. I think these will be very collectable in a few years & regarded as classics. I could be wrong but I reckon the early ones will go for good money in a few years. I too find the CIJ serial numbers confusing & there is very little up to date info. I too have the red one & love the matching headstock.

• 2 weeks later...