Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* MESA/BOOGIE 1516BE Diesel 450W 4ohm EV cab

cetera

My GAS knowing no bounds I am considering selling the following cab to raise some cash. I would be very sad to see it go, especially as these things are not only holding their value, but gaining value every day!

What we have here is a classic late 80's/early 90's Mesa/Boogie Diesel cab loaded with the highly desirable EV speakers and pumping out a VERY loud 450W at 4ohms....

The speaker array is a 15", 10" & 2x6" & a horn with a couple of large bass ports along the side.

This particular cab is in excellent condition, probably one of the finest examples still out there (having only had light use) and comes with castors for ease of movement. The only real damage is a slight part of the 'M' in the logo having broken off, and a light dent in the 10" cone (easily rectifiable), neither of which affect the monster tone in any way!

As some of you may be aware, this cab is the choice of Paul McCartney and he can always be seen with couple of them behind him on tour.

Cab would need to be collected or I could deliver within 30 miles of Kingston Upon Thames for a small petrol contribution.

Any interest?

Edited by cetera

Thanks for the PM's. As stated, I'm really not up for any trades (unless you've got a recent Fender Jap Jazz 75 reissue in white with maple board and white blocks!)....

Edited by cetera

• 1 month later...

It can be very modern - depends on what you plug into it. I used mine with a 400+ which was a classic combination - but any decent powerful head will be flattered by it. Being full range, you will get more of everything - with my basses it sounded really transparent but huge and clear.

Good times!

Cheers Ped!

Yes, it really is a VERY transparent sounding cab. No matter what head you put through it.... it seems to compliment them all! I've heard it with heads by Mesa, Tech 21, Ampeg, SWR, GJ and Trace.... and they ALL sound great. Bold, full & rich whether going for a cutting hi-fi tone or old school flatwound thump.

It is reasonably heavy.... but easily transportable thanks to the wheels and side-handles. The original EV loaded cabs like this are VERY desirable as the EV's p*ss on the more recent celestion etc replacements....

I'm VERY surprised noone has snapped this up yet for this price! Must be the time of year, financial restraints etc....

I must admit, despite being much bigger and heavier than the setup mine replaced, it was very easy to move about. I used to wheel it up to the boot of my 440 and topple it in. The boot sill got scratched to buggery but obviously that didn't matter!

Cheers
ped

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='100089' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:44 AM']If I could swap it for an EA CXL112L I'd be all over it[/quote]

Sorry mate......

....but I would swap it for a new condition Olympic White CIJ 70-78US Fender Precision, a cream CIJ 62RI Fender Precision or a Vintage White/maple CIJ 75-100US Fender Jazz...... :)

Edited by cetera

• 2 months later...

In case it helps...

I have the Road Ready version - and it does everything except walk itself down the aisle....

Had it out to try an SVT200T head - scary scary big and low.

The LF made my pal's cat throw up.

[attachment=5454:SVT200T.jpg]

And yours is a very clean example.

Clearly, this season's MUST HAVE item..!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...