Why become a member? ×

2 new projects 1 down 1 to go.

waynepunkdude

I have 2 new basses on the go going to do very different things to them.

First up my new VMJ I bought from Josh.

At the moment it has all black hardware, a Badass and Wizard 84's.

I'm going to take all of the black hardware off (going onto the orange P-bass), put all the chrome hardware back on with a pick-up cover and bridge cover to make it look nice and vintage.

So I was at Josh's and he gave me a fretless P-bass, how friendly :)

So it's horrendus sunburst, on Thursday I'm going to spray it white and put a black scratchplate.

Edited by waynepunkdude

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='686738' date='Dec 16 2009, 08:00 PM']Not sure if it's just me but this page took a couple of minutes to display those pictures! I think it'll be an improvement though with that Jazz bass[/quote]

I just resized the pics so shouldn't take ages to load now.

Yeah I love the look of a classic Jazz, I already have a crazy looking Jazz so a sensible one is the way forward.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='686789' date='Dec 16 2009, 09:33 PM']i'm liking it, that burst really is nasty, white should look good.

Also, i'm glad that you're actually modding that jazz in good taste, i couldn't bear to see you ruin one of those! :)[/quote]

What else have I ruined? Explain yourself sir :rolleyes:

Anyway I got the fretless P done today.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='688009' date='Dec 18 2009, 08:41 AM']Yeah that should be cool, I'll bring it tomorrow if you're coming?[/quote]

Completely missed this...

sounds good, i would be really cheeky and ask for the black strap buttons too but the other day i gaffer taped the strap to the bass... so it doesnt matter now.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='aznbass' post='704723' date='Jan 7 2010, 08:29 PM']That looks ace! lets just hope we dont get a "fender 75 reissue jazz bass 100% genuine guaranteed totaly" on ebay :) , Is it nice to play?[/quote]

It's wonderful to play, the 84's make it sound huge.

I'm keeping the 'made in Indonesia' and the 4 bolt plate on so if I do sell it on the person can't sell it as a 'Fender' unless they do a lot of work.