Why become a member? ×

My marvel Phoenix pickguard Stingray

KERMITNT

Hi guys i just finish that it came out as an idea i had a clear pickguard and then suddenly poped my mind. I am fan of comis and i wanted a bass painted with comics but this is very difficult so i thout of cutting an image and put it behind it what u think? Do you like it or you prefer it like it was before?

Before

After

can you find a picture of your comic book person (sorry, i don't like comics so havent a clue who she is) with a black background? my dad has a natural ray with a black pickguard, and it looks fantastic. i'm just thinking that your bass would look even cooler (IMO) if you could find a picture with a black background.

although definatly what you have now, rather than before!

also, thats quite a good idea. how did you do it? did you just print off the picture, cut it to the shape of the pickguard, then put it behind the clear pickguard?

Edited by Tait

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='681938' date='Dec 12 2009, 09:20 AM']I don't usually like that sort of thing, but it's so tastefully done that it's seriously cool. Well done! :)[/quote]

+1

Also, coulda been made a hash of-good thing you didn´t use Jean Grey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that looks very cool!
A mate once did something similar with his black ray. He put the white spider logo off the venom/spiderman black costume on a 3ply black pg.
Looked great, but I have to say, your one is much better!
Good job!

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='681709' date='Dec 11 2009, 10:03 PM']Hi guys i just finish that it came out as an idea i had a clear pickguard and then suddenly poped my mind. I am fan of comis and i wanted a bass painted with comics but this is very difficult so i thout of cutting an image and put it behind it what u think? Do you like it or you prefer it like it was before?

Before

After

[/quote]

Bloody hell Manos, if you'd TOLD me you were going to do that, I'd never have sold it to you. Ha ha. But now I've seen it, it looks seriously cool. You've no chance of buying the F bass now though in case you put a big pair of tits on it.