Why become a member? ×

'Sixties Effects'

bottomfeed

Somehow or other, I stumbled across this guy - Westley William Holdsworth on the net[i] (ebay... I think)[/i]
With his little company 'Sixties Effects'
[i]"Sixties Effects is a small independent company producing effects pedals using technology and parts from both the past and the future. .."
[/i]

Anyway... I've[i] virtual[/i] chatted to him about my need for a colorsound type fuzz & I'm quite impressed with
the cut of his jib (!)
He's offering a 5 year warranty on his 'Infinite Fuzz' & a month trial, returnable if you don't like... no questions asked!..
Here's the details...
[url="http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=500028239&blogId=518089896"]Infinite Fuzz[/url]

For £60, I've ordered the Germanium bass version of his box, which should be arriving soon.... Might as well give it a go...
nothing to lose...

Anyone heard of these?... tried one?... bought?... Know the guy?

Seems worth a shot.......

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='679836' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:56 AM']Somehow or other, I stumbled across this guy - Westley William Holdsworth on the net[i] (ebay... I think)[/i]
With his little company 'Sixties Effects'
[i]"Sixties Effects is a small independent company producing effects pedals using technology and parts from both the past and the future. .."
[/i]

Anyway... I've[i] virtual[/i] chatted to him about my need for a colorsound type fuzz & I'm quite impressed with
the cut of his jib (!)
He's offering a 5 year warranty on his 'Infinite Fuzz' & a month trial, returnable if you don't like... no questions asked!..
Here's the details...
[url="http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=500028239&blogId=518089896"]Infinite Fuzz[/url]

For £60, I've ordered the Germanium bass version of his box, which should be arriving soon.... Might as well give it a go...
nothing to lose...

Anyone heard of these?... tried one?... bought?... Know the guy?

Seems worth a shot.......[/quote]

Just because something is labelled as using germanium transistors will not make it sound good,the germanium transistors need to be from a good batch.You can buy an original arbiter fuzz face from the 60s for megabucks and it could still sound crap.The moral of the story try befor you buy with anything to do with vintage sounds.It wont always give you what you are expecting.

[quote name='YouMa' post='679842' date='Dec 10 2009, 03:27 AM']Just because something is labelled as using germanium transistors will not make it sound good,the germanium transistors need to be from a good batch.You can buy an original arbiter fuzz face from the 60s for megabucks and it could still sound crap.The moral of the story try befor you buy with anything to do with vintage sounds.It wont always give you what you are expecting.[/quote]

... yeah sure..... but if I don't like it, I can send it back & get a refund..... seems a good deal to me

"All sixties effects come with a 5 year guarantee, if you get any problems (which you shouldn't) just send it back for a free fix up. You also have a month to decide whether you like it or not, If after two weeks you decide it isn't what you were looking for send it back for a full refund, no questions asked."

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='679849' date='Dec 10 2009, 04:19 AM']"You also have a month to decide whether you like it or not, If after two weeks you decide it isn't what you were looking for send it back for a full refund, no questions asked."[/quote]

I swear there's 4 weeks in a month?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='679893' date='Dec 10 2009, 08:40 AM']I swear there's 4 weeks in a month?[/quote]
think its a badly worded way of saying full refund available for up to 2weeks and he'll still tweak it for another 2 weeks after that.

some people where talking about these over at talkbass and said some good things! tell us what you think when you get them they certainly look good.

...hmmmm... the 'Euro month' 2 weeks is a little confusing! :rolleyes: :)
I'll message him about it.... don't wanna get caught with my trousers down & a home grown carrot in my hand!?!
...or stuck with a pedal I don't want coz it took me 3 weeks to decide if I liked it...

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='cheddatom' post='680398' date='Dec 10 2009, 04:30 PM']Is that a joke?[/quote]

No - Toasted's correct. Properties of germanium semiconductors are suceptible to change with temperatures & can therefore alter tone.

Well.... I must admit the guy is great with communication... here's the reply I got when asking for clarification about the 'trial period'....

[i]"It is a month that you have to decide. I just wrote two weeks as an example. Perhaps I will revise that at some point.
You're pedal is nearly done hopefully I can post it out for you saturday morning."
wes[/i]

So looking forward to giving it a go.... whatever size it is!..

I was about to get a Colorsound bass fuzz (that's the kinda sound I'm after) when I saw the Sixties Effects fuzz on Ebay.. that led me to his Myspace ...

If you have read the link I posted at the front end of this, you will see that he offers Germanium or Silicon transistors & also guitar or bass friendly versions of the pedal.... He advised the Germanium if I want the Colorsound vibe...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='689753' date='Dec 20 2009, 02:08 PM']well any joy with the pedal dude?[/quote]

hmmmm.... Starting to wonder if this was a good idea...
he said it would [i]probably[/i] be ready to put in the post last Saturday...... over a week later & still no pedal!

my attempts to message him over the last few days have been 'unread'

At this stage I don't think that he's ripped me off... :) but maybe he's had hold ups or buggered off for Xmas or Xmas post is slow.... ?

Whatever the reason, I would have expected to have been kept informed....

:rolleyes:

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='bottomfeed' post='689837' date='Dec 20 2009, 03:48 PM']hmmmm.... Starting to wonder if this was a good idea...
he said it would [i]probably[/i] be ready to put in the post last Saturday...... over a week later & still no pedal!

my attempts to message him over the last few days have been 'unread'

At this stage I don't think that he's ripped me off... :) but maybe he's had hold ups or buggered off for Xmas or Xmas post is slow.... ?

Whatever the reason, I would have expected to have been kept informed....

:rolleyes:[/quote]

yeah didnt expect poor comms at this point seeing he has been spot on so far. Then again it is xmas so lets hope he is just backe logged, which is good news as this means he has plenty of customers.

fingers crossed dude.....

lets know how it goes.

steven

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='689904' date='Dec 20 2009, 05:03 PM']just checked his myspace,does this guy only have one pedal on offer?

[url="http://www.myspace.com/sixtieseffects"]http://www.myspace.com/sixtieseffects[/url][/quote]

Yep...... just the one at the moment