Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Musicman Stingray 5*SOLD*

Josh

Picked this up very recently and all I can say is that this is a great bass but it's just not for me. No other reasons at all.

[b][u]Pics:[/u][/b]

For a 13 year old bass I think it has been maintained very well and the worn neck just oozes character but obviously can be sanded back down to clean it up. There are no major dings at all to report, there is some minor rust to the pole pieces but this does not affect the tone in anyway at all. The previous owner had the pots and jack socket replaced recently so there are no crackling pots or dodgy jacks. There is a minor drop in volume when using the Series/Parallel switch which apparently may be caused by a dry joint, but it's nothing a little boost in volume can't fix.

And for clarification, the bass is sparkly purple and has thus been named Prince by a lot of punters.

[b]Trade Bait:[/b]

Jazz Basses (Any)
Lakland 44-02/55-02
Musicman Stingray 4 String

[b]Price:[/b]

£650 Posted.
£625 Collected.

The bass will come with a Hiscox hardcase.

Thanks,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Currrls' post='677496' date='Dec 8 2009, 08:46 AM']anyone know if you can put a stingray 4 scratchplate on a stingray 5?[/quote]

Well... the pickups are different sizes for a start! However, yes, the Stingray 5 scratchplate seems to have been a real "what were they thinking?" moment :)

It's very nice though. An unusual colour - I've always been oddly partial to those sparkly finishes.

[quote]Well... the pickups are different sizes for a start![/quote]

duuhhh..... was obviously not awake while writing that post. would have to be a custom job then

ive got a black fender jazz USA with maple neck and an audere jz3 preamp, approx 2002 i think. interested?

Edited by Currrls

[quote name='Currrls' post='679500' date='Dec 9 2009, 08:18 PM']duuhhh..... was obviously not awake while writing that post. would have to be a custom job then

ive got a black fender jazz USA with maple neck and an audere jz3 preamp, approx 2002 i think. interested?[/quote]

Sounds pretty good man, could I see some pics at all?

[quote name='chenzo_1' post='679717' date='Dec 9 2009, 11:13 PM']are you interested in a trade for a Yamaha TRB 5string MK1??[/quote]

Sorry Chenzo I'm not really after a TRB, thanks though.

[quote name='Currrls' post='680783' date='Dec 10 2009, 11:00 PM']

only phone photos for the minute. i can get camera pictures if you'd like[/quote]

I like the look of that man, would you be able to get some camera photos soon please?

Thanks Currrls.

[quote name='PapillonIrl' post='683587' date='Dec 14 2009, 12:19 AM']I'm guessing you have no interest in trading for an Eden WT550 ?[/quote]

Afraid I'm not after any amp trades at all man. Thanks though.

[quote name='hagguy' post='686850' date='Dec 16 2009, 10:51 PM']hi how much would you want for a cash deal? any idea how much bigger the neck is than a 4 string?[/quote]

Afraid I'm not looking for a cash deal on this one, I'd guess it's a little bigger but not too much.