Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Warwick Thumb 5 BO *SOLD*

pantherairsoft

BASS NOW SOLD

Hi people,

No longer a feeler... The bass is stunning, as such I would love to keep it, but Christmas and bills mean if a reasonable sale can be made, I will let someone else enjoy it instead.

This is a Warwick Thumb Bolt-On 5 string, 2006 model... The spec can be found here - [url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=14447&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...14447&cl=EN[/url]

As the pictures below will show, this has to be, in my honest opinion, the finest cut of Ovangkol I have ever laid my eyes on. The oil finish is perfect and wood appears darker than most other Thumb's I have tried. The overall appearance is stunning!

The bass is in pristine condition with the exception of a tiny ding near the jack socket which was too small to show on a photo, you won't see it but may feel it if you run a finger over it (it's hardly existent, but thought it was fair to mention!). It's at the lighter end of the scale for a thumb and feels and plays like its new. Set up with a brand new set of 40-125's in the last few days.

For this stunning example I am now asking SOLD (price dropped 20/12/09) OR BEST OFFER (will consider the odd effects pedal in part ex to knock down the price) collected from Nottingham (City Centre), I have no transport to deliver, (but will make a short train journey if you pay the fare!) and am not keen to post, but will do so fully insured at your cost and arrangement. Anyone thats want to popover is happy to sit and have a good play on her to see that she is even better than the pictures show!

Only trade would be EBS heads.

Included the Warwick users kit (handbook, wax, cloth, truss rod adjuster, allen keys etc) and the warwick strap-locks as well. Warwick Rock Bag now included!!!

The pics (hope they do it justice)...

Cheers

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='Merton' post='676040' date='Dec 6 2009, 07:48 PM']Yum yum. Good luck with the sale, one day (when I have some money) I will own one of these :)[/quote]

That's funny... 'Yum' is the word that popped into my head too...
I've bought too many Warwicks this month I'm afraid, but a five, fretless would be the next on the list if I hadn't...

[quote name='simon1964' post='680306' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:44 PM']Shame you're not looking for trades - this is exactly what I want to trade my Thumb 4 string for![/quote]

Sorry dude. I'm strictly a 5 man. Been offered a killer trade already as well... But it really is the pennies I'm after

Shep

[quote name='Musicman20' post='680303' date='Dec 10 2009, 02:43 PM']I don't normally GAS for Warwick, but this is stunning...

Plus it's a 5 version which is what I'd want.

Out of interest does it come with a Warwick gig bag?[/quote]

sorry fella... Missed your post!

I don't have the warwick case for it, and I am not advertising the bass with a softcase, but as kong as your happy with a fairly basic one I'm sure I can throw one in on the asking price!

Shep

[quote name='Jigster' post='682318' date='Dec 12 2009, 05:02 PM']i've always been anti warwick's - but something is stirring in me lately and I keep looking at every warwick post that comes up on here - they look soooo well made and like they will just ooze tone[/quote]

And tone they have! Each model really does have it's own characteristics... The thumb has a great low-mid growl and sounds very very punchy. A Thumb through a Ampeg SVT seems to of come a modern rock classic. The thumb to me is the most comfy of the range to play an te curved body shape hugs my not too large stomach nicely ;-)

Cheers mcgraham... Kind words go a long way :-)

*Quick update...

A decent quality padded stagg gigbag is now included as of this morning rather than a £10 cheapy. Better protection and a better deal for the buyer. The case is brand spanking new!

Shep*

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='NickSpector' post='684656' date='Dec 14 2009, 11:04 PM']I want this, but my money has been swallowed by a TVR. :-([/quote]

A lo, as cool as TVR cars are, they will continue to sap your money through petrol costs and expensive servicing and repairs! Good thing they look awesome then!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='686558' date='Dec 16 2009, 05:23 PM']A lo, as cool as TVR cars are, they will continue to sap your money through petrol costs and expensive servicing and repairs! Good thing they look awesome then![/quote]

I can't say I have had much experience with a TVR... but I would certainly say the Thumb would of been a more reliable purchase :-)

Edited by pantherairsoft