Why become a member? ×

Hello from Twickenham

The Twickerman

Hey!
I live in hanworth which i guess isnt too far, like 1 bus maybe. is the red lion Filthys? or was it? or has it become it?

Ever pop into Alberts? i only ever use them for Strings and thats when im in a rush, but there pretty nice in there, barely any selection of basses

Ha! I live right by the Red Lion - which became Filthy's. It's changed hands recently - but I think they are still using the name Filthys.

Used to go there all the time 15 years ago - haven't been lately.

The best pubs in the area are The White Swan, the Eel Pie, the Fox, The Old Goat... mmm beer.

We're playing at the Grey Horse in January. That's local (-ish). A gig at the Red Lion would be cool. I wouldn't even need to drive!!!

Hi mate and welcome - I'm not far away in Barnes/Hammersmith. Used to drink in the White Swan, when attempting unsuccesfully to pull birds, many years ago! Double neck Rick implies a bit of 70s Genesis perhaps?

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='aznbass' post='672371' date='Dec 2 2009, 06:34 PM']Ever pop into Alberts? i only ever use them for Strings and thats when im in a rush, but there pretty nice in there, barely any selection of basses[/quote]

Alberts? No, not really. Poor selection of gear at unattractive prices!!!

Charlie Chandlers in Hampton Wick for me!