Why become a member? ×

FS: Record Collection

Have an extensive record collection that I'm looking to thin out, as I'm currently downsizing (!) and funding a studio project. The collection covers mid 60s through to the end of the 90s. (My record buying habits changed at the end of that decade, when my collection went digital.)

Was going to start by selling off collections of The Church (and related solo projects), All About Eve (etc), REM (etc), and Garbage (etc). But the collection covers everything from Gerry and the Pacemakers (all the singles as EMI/Parlophone red or green A-label demos) to Spandau Ballet (an extravaganza of 80s marketing formats) and points in between - a run of Japanese Bowie 7" anyone? Or Roxy Music LPs from South America anyone?

If anyone wants to ask me, "Do you have [X, Y, or Z]?", feel free. It might be easier than random artists and random lists!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='669091' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:30 PM']Do you have any of the following

Joni Mitchell - Hejera
Joni Mitchell - Mingus
Led Zeppelin Any
The Who Any
Joy Division Any
Beatles Any
Michael Jackson - Dangerous
Guns N Roses Any

Cheers[/quote]

Who (including Ready Steady Who EP and My Generation export single on Decca), Joy Division (including An Ideal For Living on Enigma and Still in the hessian sleeve), Beatles (including red A-label demo for A Hard Day's Night and green A-label demo for All You need Is Love). Give me a week or so and I'll comile some lists.

[quote name='beerdragon' post='671428' date='Dec 1 2009, 07:01 PM']A list would be great. hey, your not Mike Read are you? :)[/quote]

Last time I checked, No. But could be mistaken for DLT.

[quote name='Golchen' post='671535' date='Dec 1 2009, 08:39 PM']I think you need a list if you want to shift stuff![/quote]

There are over 6,000 albums, 13,000 singles (7" / EP), and 2,500 others (10" / 12"). Intend compiling lists when time allows, but that may take quite a while.

That's a lot of records! Might as well have a pop just in case. Do you have anything by the following in vinyl formats:

Kraftwerk
Can
Neu
Faust ... and any other Krautrock-ish stuff
Talking Heads
Miles Davis
Charles Mingus
The Smiths
Sonic Youth
My Bloody Valentine
Captain Beefheart
King Crimson
Radiohead
Aphex Twin/Squarepusher/Autechre Warp records stuff and so on..
Drexciya, Carl Craig .. hahaha getting hopeful now

Many thanks!

Edited by Tom Android

[quote name='noirpunk' post='671591' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:35 PM']If you have any Manic Street Preachers pm me :)[/quote] ... Sold off Manics stuff a few years ago. Only CD albums up to Know Your Enemy.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='671629' date='Dec 1 2009, 10:00 PM']What do you have in the way of Americana & I don't suppose you have any Bluegrass?[/quote] ... Americana/ Bluegrass, I’ll check those categories. Dillards, No. Dylan, Yes. Some interesting radio demos among more standard stuff.

[quote name='Tom Android' post='671880' date='Dec 2 2009, 09:54 AM']That's a lot of records! Might as well have a pop just in case. Do you have anything by the following in vinyl formats:

Kraftwerk ...
Talking Heads
Miles Davis
Charles Mingus
The Smiths
Sonic Youth
My Bloody Valentine ...

Many thanks![/quote]

Yes, as edited. There’s a huge Jazz section.

I’ll try to get some lists drawn up!

[quote name='noelk27' post='671613' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:49 PM']There are over 6,000 albums, 13,000 singles (7" / EP), and 2,500 others (10" / 12"). Intend compiling lists when time allows, but that may take quite a while.[/quote]

Wow, that is a serious amount of vinyl!!!!! My wife moans at mine and I only have 800 albums.

[quote name='noelk27' post='673195' date='Dec 3 2009, 01:58 PM']... Sold off Manics stuff a few years ago. Only CD albums up to Know Your Enemy.[/quote]

In that case I'd be interested in any punk and glam stuff - Pistols/Clash/Misfits/Hanoi Rocks/New York Dolls/KISS/W.A.S.P/Crue anything like that :)