Why become a member? ×

FS Sandberg California PM4 - black, maple

lapolpora

Sold pending payment. Thanks for all the interest and nice comments.

I didn't go to Bass Day, but I still have the GAS so up for sale is my Sandberg California PM4 in near mint condition.

It's a beautiful bass, build quality is outstanding. The only blemishes are what I would call fingernail scuffs on the pickguard, a couple on the back and a couple on the back of the neck. I have done my best to photo them but they don't show up well - in reality you can only see these under the "microscope".

The body is actually slightly smaller than a Fender P. The neck feels more Jazz like as well - slim and fast. I see this as a P bass for J bass players but you might think differently.

The bass comes with a Rockbag gigbag so would need to be collected from my home in Crystal Palace, South London. Possible to deliver or meet halfway if it's not going too far.

Price - £650. I may be interested in trades for a 5 string of the Sandberg, Zon, Vigier, Sadowsky quality with cash adjustment.

Cheers,

Derrick

Edited by lapolpora

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='664208' date='Nov 24 2009, 07:20 PM']It was mine for a while - superb bass :)[/quote]

Geoff brought it round just after he got it, it is a nice bass, I love Sandberg, nothing has ever came close to mine for me.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='664208' date='Nov 24 2009, 07:20 PM']It was mine for a while - superb bass :)[/quote]
Yes I bought it from niceguyhomer, and I think it was Geoff's before that. I didn't have the money when Geoff sold it but was lucky when NGH moved it on.

It is a lovely bass, the lightest bass I've owned and with a very balanced sound across the range. I'll miss it - but if I told you what I was buying in its place you'd understand why I've decided to sell. :rolleyes:

[quote name='lapolpora' post='664536' date='Nov 24 2009, 11:37 PM']It is a lovely bass, the lightest bass I've owned and with a very balanced sound across the range. I'll miss it - but if I told you what I was buying in its place you'd understand why I've decided to sell. :rolleyes:[/quote]

It's my Pedulla right? :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='665057' date='Nov 25 2009, 01:40 PM']This bass is probably what you're searching for Dave. If it had 5 strings, I wouldn't have dreamed of selling it.[/quote]

Yeah, i cant think of any negatives other than what to do regarding number of strings. Saying that i know for about £150 you can get the neck with block inlays. I quite fancy that as well.

Oh well, lets see who gets it this time around and how long it takes him/her to sell it. Its certainly a better option than getting a Duck Dunn. Love the fact that its not a P neck as well.

Edited by dave_bass5