Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sadowsky Metro RV4

Mickb1773

Hi All,
This one has been been on basschat before so I hope Eubassix does not mind me hijacking his text and a couple of his pics:Really would like a trade for this.Ideally interested in either Wal / MTD /(cash your way )or some cash my way for Ibanez Musicain (active) or a Jaydee must be active...straight swap for a Mark King though but feel free to ping me

This is an earlier Sadowsky Metro RV4 (although you wouldn't realise, to look at it) and is a really nice example: Metroline RV4 in Candy Apple Red/Rosewood Fingerboard, Alder Body, White (original/fitted) + T/shell Pickguard/s (both original Sadowsky's), Noise-Free Sadowsky Pickups, Vintage Tone Control is NOT Installed, Sadowsky fitted Case. Without the VTC it an active (Bass /Treble +/-) bass with passive mode (pull/pan) which works with just volume and pickup-pan. However.. the VTC is available from Sadowsky direct (at only $75, including all bits/diagram required) so could easily be retro-fitted. Has suffered only a couple of very minor marks/dings (couple to the body and one to the headstock-edge) and looks exceptional overall. Plays really nicely.
Comes with the original Sadowsky fitted case - also in excellent condition.

New Blue Steels fitted

[attachment=36954:Sadj4_1.JPG]
[attachment=36955:Sadj4_2.JPG]
[attachment=36956:Sadj4_7.JPG]

Edited by Mickb1773

Mick i am on the look out for a Sadowsky. this looks like it would fit the bill. I have a 5 string american fender fmt deluxe which was £1,800 in 2003 when I bought it new. Picture attached. Looking at a trade with a wee bit of cash if required to close the deal. Interested?

Ianc

[quote name='Mickb1773' date='Nov 24 2009, 01:46 PM' post='663722']
...........................I hope Eubassix does not mind me hijacking his text and a couple of his pics......

No problem! .... assuming the bass is still as it was described and photo'd. This IS an excellent bass and looks good with both PG's (I think as they're Sadowsky specific, they're best kept with the bass as they wouldn't fit other J's). I really liked the tone as it is, but the option of 'upgrading' the bass for $75 with Sadowsy's own VTC is also worth considering!!