Why become a member? ×

EB, Coated strings. & Introduction

danny-79

Recently ordered a set of ernie ball coated strings (regulars 105-50) just woundering what other players think of them ?
i found that thay played in relativly quickly compaired to the nickle that i normaly use an after nearly a month there still full of tone an sound great,
just on the down side the squeek that you get of new-new strings doesnt seen to be faiding just getting worse if anything ??, what do the people out there think ?

* And yeah, HELLO by the way im new to this site hence putting this in the wrong place oops :) never mind*
Im Dan by the way and from telford, im into music of all shapes and forms, mainly blues but do love the funk!!
my main guitar is a EB stingray and i think ive found the holy grail of amps in the form of GENZ-BENZ (thay work very nicely for me)
hope to chatt to you all later at some point!!!

Edited by danny-79

Hey Dan!

Welcome to the board! In my experience i have never really agreed with coated strings, i have tried Elixers and Warwick EMP's but man its like sliding around on Ice, i like the gritty feel of Steels, i have used DR Black Beauty strings and they have been the one exception i seriously liked those! even though they promised to last 4 or 5 times as long as an non coated string but they died a couple of months later like a standard set of steels!

They looked ace on the bass though!