Why become a member? ×

low B tuner

ali-stare

Matt Garrison uses a Hipshot to drop from E to B on his Fodera. I would imagine the string tension gets pretty floppy and I would have the thought the intonation might get a little bit hazy but it seems to work for him.

Cheers,
Alun

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='526' date='May 17 2007, 04:50 PM']My dropper does not go as low as B. Dropping a string a whole fifth would drop tension across the neck enough to really mess up the intonation of the rest of the strings... So i dount they exist. Think mine drops E to about C sharp.

Garry[/quote]
E down to B is only a perfect fourth. E up to B is a fifth :)

i play with BADG and use a 50 - 110 set of flats
i never found that when playing a mates five string that i ever used the E string so thought id save the cash and get 4 string that could be tuned BADG i like it its comfy sounding but i really need new pups to appreciate that low sound

[quote name='ali-stare' post='1896' date='May 19 2007, 12:25 AM']i play with BADG and use a 50 - 110 set of flats
i never found that when playing a mates five string that i ever used the E string so thought id save the cash and get 4 string that could be tuned BADG i like it its comfy sounding but i really need new pups to appreciate that low sound[/quote]
I've just converted my passive 4 string MM Sub to B-E-A-D. It's settled down quite well and meant I didn't have to fork out for another 5er.