Why become a member? ×

Antigua Green?

cocco

I am in the 'hate it' camp, its about as wrong a colour as you can get - kind of a cross between puss and sputum - Warmoth now do finishes in this colour along with matching scratchplate

[url="http://www.warmoth.com/Paint/Burst.aspx"]http://www.warmoth.com/Paint/Burst.aspx[/url]

4th one along from the top left - knock yourself out

Edited by Delberthot

That's a sweet looking jazz but I need more!!! I first discovered this colour when walking past Electric Lady Land in Bristol and there were matching p-bass and tele in this colour in the window, they grabbed my attention straight away and I've loved it ever since.

I love it. I had one of the early reissues on a CIJ tele but these were much greener than the 70s ones. I'd love an original 70s P-bass if I could afford one. I know they are not to everyone's tastes but my view has always been "I'm the one who is playing it!". The tele is long gone but it served me well.

Incidentally there were some great pics of these on Basschat when I did a search for them the other week.

[quote name='cocco' post='655035' date='Nov 15 2009, 10:33 AM']That's a sweet looking jazz but I need more!!! I first discovered this colour when walking past Electric Lady Land in Bristol and there were matching p-bass and tele in this colour in the window, they grabbed my attention straight away and I've loved it ever since.[/quote]

Steve still has the P! He has two of them in fact, a Rosewood boarded Fretted one, and a maple board fretless. They are upstairs at the moment. :)

[quote name='cocco' post='662320' date='Nov 23 2009, 01:38 AM']Wow thats a lot of antigua, what years are they all?[/quote]

78 79 i would guess :rolleyes: I am pretty sure they were only made for two years. I would like ANY of those basses. But my constant pestering Anthomp gets me no where :)

[quote name='anthomp' post='664046' date='Nov 24 2009, 05:28 PM']Most (all ) i've come across were '77 and'78
maybe other years but i've not seen them

antony[/quote]

Hey Antony - What sort of price range are you picking these up for or have you owned them for years? I was watching a P-bass on EBay that I forgot about recently that went for £1000. I love that collection shot of yours. An incredible collection.

Ive picked them up over the last 5 yrs
ranging from £800 for the the P without pickguard plus shipping from USA
to £2500 i bought a fretless and a fretted together which are in amazing condition
one ding on the f/less and the only problem with the fretted is..
it has spent so much time in its case the red lining of the case has slightly coloured
the bottom of the bass

if anyone knows how to treat that, i'd be well interested

antony

[quote name='anthomp' post='664069' date='Nov 24 2009, 05:40 PM']Ive picked them up over the last 5 yrs ranging from £800 for the the P without pickguard plus shipping from USA[/quote]

I assume that'll be the one with the black pickguard on the left then? :) It's a really awesome idea for a collection. I love the P-bass of yours that is fairly centre stage. They all look great