Why become a member? ×

Those who had made the trip to the Matamp factory

umcoo

Ash just sent me pics of his 400+ headcase Matamp made for him.

Looks awesome, I think I may keep my 400+ now

Few things I'd change, gold grills on the side as well as the top over the fans and 2 top handles and finally mine would be red :)

I think Ash is doing this as well, but I'd remove the front handles on the 400+ make it just look like a normal bass amp not a rackmount head.

[quote name='Toasted' post='653622' date='Nov 13 2009, 02:17 PM']It looks fantastic.[/quote]

Sounds gorgeous too :) . I'll take some proper pics with a real camera at practice tomorrow. I would nip over and do it now but it's 45 minutes away.

Also I guess I'm pretty late to this party but I'd recommend going to the factory to anyone, it's an experience in itself. Even cooler was he made up that head unit right in front of me in about an hour. Awesome stuff! I'm loving the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='umcoo' post='662676' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:06 PM']Bumping this because I just made the call to Matamp. Should have something in a week or so :rolleyes:[/quote]

See if they could make me a nice wee 100W all-valve head for sub-£800 i'd jump on the bandwagon, but right now i've just not got the money, noo! :)

How much are these GT200's costing folk? £1300-ish?

[quote name='TheButler' post='662681' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:08 PM']See if they could make me a nice wee 100W all-valve head for sub-£800 i'd jump on the bandwagon, but right now i've just not got the money, noo! :)

How much are these GT200's costing folk? £1300-ish?[/quote]

Retail is 1399, Factory Direct is 1299

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='662691' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:13 PM']Retail is 1399, Factory Direct is 1299[/quote]

If we go on the £6.50 per watt assumption (that is farfetched and rediculous) then i could get a '' GT100 '' for £650.. right? right? :) :lol: Okay, i'll maybe just keep saving then :rolleyes: Or buy Steve's 400+ to ''see me through'' :lol:

[quote name='TheButler' post='662731' date='Nov 23 2009, 02:50 PM']If we go on the £6.50 per watt assumption (that is farfetched and rediculous) then i could get a '' GT100 '' for £650.. right? right? :) :lol: Okay, i'll maybe just keep saving then :rolleyes: Or buy Steve's 400+ to ''see me through'' :lol:[/quote]

Either way a GT200 is getting bought :lol: