Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

*Withdrawn* Sei Jazz 5

largo

Hello all

Seriously thinking of selling my Sei Jazz 5, see [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55983"]link[/url]
This is my backup bass, and is really too nice a bass to have sitting around doing next to nothing. I know it's coming up to Christmas so this might not shift, and being honest it won't bother me if it doesn't. Looking for [s]offers around the £1600 £1500 mark !!![/s] £1400.

Cheers y'all

Stephen

Edited by largo

[quote name='largo' post='642783' date='Nov 1 2009, 08:19 PM']Hello all

Seriously thinking of selling my Sei Jazz 5, see [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=55983"]link[/url]
This is my backup bass, and is really too nice a bass to have sitting around doing next to nothing. I know it's coming up to Christmas so this might not shift, and being honest it won't bother me if it doesn't. Looking for offers around the £1600 mark !!!

Cheers y'all

Stephen[/quote]
Gorgeous looking bass! Far too nice to be a back up...

Realised price may have been a bit high, so price drop. I'm not going to give this away mind you :)
Open to trade offers but if I sell this, I'm hoping to get myself a Fender Precision 5 or a PJB Flightcase. So something like that + cash my way will be considered.

[quote name='largo' post='644992' date='Nov 4 2009, 08:58 AM']Realised price may have been a bit high, so price drop. I'm not going to give this away mind you :)
Open to trade offers but if I sell this, I'm hoping to get myself a Fender Precision 5 or a PJB Flightcase. So something like that + cash my way will be considered.[/quote]

damm tjis is soooo nice,
i missed the maple jazz 5 from the gallery, and i played bubingas jazz 5 they are sooo nice,
i need cash now!!!!!!!!!
dont suppose youd be interested in my warwick 5 dolphin sntcs with a peizo and cash?
ziggy!!!

Lovely lovely looking bass... and I have always thought so..

Can I justify another Sei or afford it atm.... ???????????????

What does it sound like and how thin is the neck..??
I ask the former as mine is pretty versatile but maybe I need something different to what I have.
Iwould prefer a Jazz to sound classic, if that isn't stating the obvoius
I would defo come and see it if you weren't so far away..

Have a bump...!!

Thanks for the bump JTUK. The neck is pretty typical of a Sei Jazz I guess, not sure how to describe it but it's very slim feeling and fast. Has a glossy type finish but not sticky (if that makes sense), rather than the oil-type finish on Sadowsky's and the likes. In terms of sound it's still fairly Jazz sounding even with the humbucker-style pickups. Now there's no hum either :)

As for the weight Happy Jack I shall weigh it tonight for you.
I did ask Martin specifically to keep the weight down as I play weddings at 4hrs a time. I'm pretty sure I asked for it to be chambered but not really sure how to tell once a bass is finished. It's a fairly light bass, but I guess the scales will tell tonight.

Thanks again for all looking.

Stephen

P.S. The Bass will be heading off to The Gallery or Bass Direct fairly soon, so grab a bargain before the commission goes on !!!!