Why become a member? ×

Practise amp, i need a new one!

JHBASS

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a practise amp. But before we get started, Im looking for something similar to the Peavey TNT 100 or TKA range, in speaker size (bigger than 8" please!) and around 20-30watts (or above...sub 100 watts maybe). I've played through old Peaveys and I loved them! I need something around and less than £100 and older models (to be bought second hand) are also welcomed! So, if any of you have any ideas and tips (about the peaveys or other amps :)) Ill be incredibly grateful!

Cheers, Josh

Edited by JHBASS

[quote name='JHBASS' post='642750' date='Nov 1 2009, 07:51 PM']Hey guys,

I'm looking for a practise amp. But before we get started, Im looking for something similar to the Peavey TNT 100 or TKA range, in speaker size (bigger than 8" please!) and around 20-30watts (or above...sub 100 watts maybe). I've played through old Peaveys and I loved them! I need something around and less than £100 and older models (to be bought second hand) are also welcomed! So, if any of you have any ideas and tips (about the peaveys or other amps :)) Ill be incredibly grateful!

Cheers, Josh[/quote]

I've got an old Laney for sale - with a 12 inch speaker - 40w - on the amps for sale thread.

A

My guitarist has a Peavy TKO (I think) he wants rid of. I checked it out for him and was really impressed at the range of sounds it could do.
I think it was 80Watts into a 15" , graphic etc.
The speaker is ok untill you get near to max, but it sounded sweet through my Barefaced compact.
They are fairly heavy though - I think he was after about £100 for it.

He also has a Laney 30w bass amp which isn't bad either. The tone is pretty good, 10" speaker, the eq (T, mid bass) wasn't the most effective, but the basic sound was quite acceptable. Again, sounded good through a decent cab, and surprisingly loud for the power. Make an offer on that one!

By the way, where are you situated?
Jules

Cheers, Josh[/quote]

If you're only looking at using the unit in the house for fun and practise, I would recommend trying to get a hold of a second hand "Line 6 Bass POD XT" off ebay or the yellow paper. You might be able to pick one up for around £80/£90 quid.

Hey Josh,
I was asking the same question a while ago & got myself a Trace Elliot Boxer 65 for £77 in as new condition - it's great! Suits me sir - does everything I need, has a real good tone with plenty of punch & a touch of TE class. I'd seriously consider a Boxer 65 - 65W into a 12" or maybe even a Boxer 30 - 30W 10" (but I haven't tried one). Keep your eyes open on ebay, you might get lucky, there seems to be a lot of 'em around Essex way :) where are you?
Good luck,
John

I'm looking for a practise amp. But before we get started, Im looking for something similar to the Peavey TNT 100 or TKA range, in speaker size (bigger than 8" please!) and around 20-30watts (or above...sub 100 watts maybe). I've played through old Peaveys and I loved them! I need something around and less than £100 and older models (to be bought second hand) are also welcomed! So, if any of you have any ideas and tips (about the peaveys or other amps :rolleyes:) Ill be incredibly grateful!

Cheers, Josh[/quote]