Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Electric Upright double bass for sale Atelier Z EUB

geoffbassist

Hi, guys im selling my Rare Japanese atelier z guitar works eub. This is a quality, well built Electric Upright Double bass with a maple neck and ebony fingerboard with a quality Atelier z pickup. The bass electronics are passive with vol and tone controls. It also has quality maple adjustable bridge. It also has an ajustable/detachable bar to obtain correct playing position and can be played seated or standing. This comes off and fits in the well made soft case with bass for compact transport. It is well set up and easy to play. The bridge profile is flatter than usual classical set up but arco is still possible and its really comfy for pizz....

This is a great opportunity to buy a cheap EUB which is MUCH better quality than the palatino upright basses which are now common, the build quality is much better!

comes with well made soft case and is set up with piastro obligato strings which have had light use. The bass is in great condition with only very minor marks and no cracks......

You are welcome to come and try the bass before commiting to a sale.

For more details see website: however i belive the pickups on this model are not identical

[url="http://atelierz.co.jp/atelierzcub.htm#cnbpro"]http://atelierz.co.jp/atelierzcub.htm#cnbpro[/url]

£350 collected from my home in manchester :-) NOW SOLD

Edited by geoffbassist

Hi Geoff,
a friend of mine has a Yamaha SLB 100 that he loves, but would like something lighter and more transportable.
I'll send him a link.

take care
Keith

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='644792' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:29 PM']hey steve, it sounds great, honestly as good as any other EUB ive tried, im afraid i dont have any of me playing it. Hope lifes good, cheers Geoff[/quote]

Hmm... looks nice.
I've only just started taking fretless er, sideways (for want of a better word) bass lessons, so I'm probably going to be out of my depth if I start messing around with uprights, aren't I?

I'm near Manchester too, which makes it even more tempting. I may actually have enough guitars and basses for the moment... Oh, I really shouldn't keep coming on this forum, it's all far too tempting :)

hey chipps, you are wecome to come and have a go if you fancy it...good luck with the fretless...

[quote name='Chipps' post='646875' date='Nov 6 2009, 12:24 AM']Hmm... looks nice.
I've only just started taking fretless er, sideways (for want of a better word) bass lessons, so I'm probably going to be out of my depth if I start messing around with uprights, aren't I?

I'm near Manchester too, which makes it even more tempting. I may actually have enough guitars and basses for the moment... Oh, I really shouldn't keep coming on this forum, it's all far too tempting :)[/quote]

hey Geoff - this seems to be a steal.

I had a look at the Atelier web site, and to buy this new would be in the region of GBP1300 and that's not even including shipping and customs duty and vat which would add another 300 quid to the total no doubt. So, you're probably selling this for approximately what the shipping and taxes would come to on a new one!

Anyway, good luck with the sale, this is a real *BARGAIN* IMO.

cheers
G

Yeh i got it for a great price so im happy to sell it on. It is LOADs better than anything you could get elsewhere for this money, i just dont use it and am really broke.

Ive also had a few PMs about postage. Im not intrested in finding packing that would be suitable and am sure it would cost loads to send/insure something this size......

can offer free cup of tea in manchester though :-)