Why become a member? ×

Overwater Evolution Custom 5

jwbassman

Hi Guys

Spec is as follows:

Evolution Custom 5 string (fretted - 35" scale length)

Body: Central American Mahogany with a flamed Sycamore top (with matching headstock)
Neck: 3 piece Maple with a Birdseye Maple board (matching truss rod cover - side dots only not marks on board - 26 frets)
Hardware: Black - Hipshot ultralite tuners, Hipshot individual saddles (option for through body stringing too)
Electronics: OW BMT 3 band preamp - OW5 pickups (matching wood covers)
Strings: currently OW nickels but planning on some DR black beauties in the not too distant future :rolleyes:

For those who wanted to see some pics here she is...

[attachment=35033:JW_EVO_01.jpg]
[attachment=35034:JW_EVO_02.jpg]
[attachment=35035:JW_EVO_03.jpg]
[attachment=35036:JW_EVO_04.jpg]

Needless to say I'm very happy :)

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='jwbassman' post='634949' date='Oct 23 2009, 11:13 PM']Hi Guys

Spec is as follows:

Evolution Custom 5 string (fretted - 35" scale length)

Body: Central American Mahogany with a flamed Sycamore top (with matching headstock)
Neck: 3 piece Maple with a Birdseye Maple board (matching truss rod cover - side dots only not marks on board - 26 frets)
Hardware: Black - Hipshot ultralite tuners, Hipshot individual saddles (option for through body stringing too)
Electronics: OW BMT 3 band preamp - OW5 pickups (matching wood covers)
Strings: currently OW nickels but planning on some DR black beauties in the not too distant future wink.gif

For those who wanted to see some pics here she is...

[attachment=35033:JW_EVO_01.jpg]
[attachment=35034:JW_EVO_02.jpg]
[attachment=35035:JW_EVO_03.jpg]
[attachment=35036:JW_EVO_04.jpg]

Needless to say I'm very happy :)[/quote]Cor!!!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='635083' date='Oct 24 2009, 08:10 AM']Nicest OW I've ever seen - congrats :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='635093' date='Oct 24 2009, 09:11 AM']Congrats! Lovely looking bass you have there :lol:[/quote]

Thanks guys - she's very special. I had quite a wait, but it was well worth it.

My photography skills do not do her justice - in the flesh (wood) she really is stunning :)

Thanks for all the really postive comments guys, I really appreciate it :)

Tell you what, it makes it really tough to choose which bass to take to the gig - I went for the fretless tonight (bit of a Buble set) but will be using the Evo at rehersal tomorrow morning...

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='636609' date='Oct 26 2009, 12:43 AM']That is super nice, any pics of your other Overwater?

I own a Progress and an Evolution, hoping to get another Evolution soon, but think I'd prefer another 36inch scale over the 35.[/quote]

Indeed it is. I'm sure I've got some somewhere - I'll have a look...

Why do you find the 36" better?

[quote name='Stingray5' post='636653' date='Oct 26 2009, 04:10 AM']Yep, that's one seriously nice looking bass. The matching pickup covers really set it off.
Your patience has definitely been well rewarded! :)[/quote]

Glad you like it :rolleyes: - yeah the pickups were a bit of a last minute decision but add so much.

It's a good job I have the patience of a saint :lol:

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='637101' date='Oct 26 2009, 06:34 PM']Awesome... love it, and I usually avoid Red like the plague!

Already planning my second OW and each new one I see makes me realise why I wouldn't pay for anything else[/quote]

I almost changed my mind and went for a trans black instead but the red and maple combination is stunning, so I'm glad I went with my first instinct...

It is exceptionally high quality and the attention to detail is superb - I have no hesitation in recommending Overwater to anybody :lol:

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='636609' date='Oct 26 2009, 12:43 AM']That is super nice, any pics of your other Overwater?[/quote]

Here's a few of shots of my fretless...

[attachment=35224:JW_PRO_01.jpg]
[attachment=35225:JW_PRO_02.jpg]
[attachment=35226:JW_PRO_03.jpg]
[attachment=35227:JW_PRO_04.jpg]

:)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='637322' date='Oct 26 2009, 09:47 PM']I tune ADGCF :rolleyes:[/quote]

I see...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='637322' date='Oct 26 2009, 09:47 PM']I have a trans black Evo and it does not look this nice so you made a good choice, but you know if you want to swap :lol:[/quote]

It's a tempting offer, but you'll understand if I decline :)

Edited by jwbassman

[quote name='jwbassman' post='637431' date='Oct 26 2009, 10:10 PM']I see...

It's a tempting offer, but you'll understand if I decline :)[/quote]

No I don't understand, you have insulted me and my family.

Noticed your in Southport, my band was on Dune FM the other weekend for a 2 hour show, nice place.

Oh no that is properly nasty looking! I bet it sounds like cr@p too. I tell you what I'll do you favour and get it out of your sight if you'll pay for a courier :).

Someone pass me my coat, I'm going to go away and sulk and comtemplate my sad looking (yet toneful) instruments.

[quote name='ezbass' post='637699' date='Oct 27 2009, 11:46 AM']Someone pass me my coat, I'm going to go away and sulk and comtemplate my sad looking (yet toneful) instruments.[/quote]

Hey mate - no coat and no sulking required.

I know I'm exceptionally lucky to own the basses I do - I've worked mighty hard to afford them and I take none of them for granted.

As a designer aesthetics are important to me, but ultimatley it's about the way they sound that is most important, the fact they look great too is just a bonus :)