Why become a member? ×

How did I collect this many Double Bass strings?

I have more Double Bass strings than I know what to do with.

This list has been edited. If it is in the list they are still available as of 4/1/10

If something is listed twice that is because I have two of them

Postage £4 per package.

Unused
Thom Superflexible B New price - £45 - your price £22
D'addario Helicore orch light E - £20
Pirastro Original Flat Chrome B New price £61 - your price £30

2nd hand

Sets
Corelli 360 Medium Solo tuning set £30
D'addario Helicore Solo set £30

Singles
Pirastro Eudoxa B vitually new £45
Pirastro Flexocore B £25
Pirastro Flexocore B £25
Innovation Rockabilly B Synthetic core £25
D'addario Helicore Orch E Synthetic core £20
Picato Innovation Hybrid B cut for EUB £10

No idea what brand these are

Black peg end and black tail end winding. Full set Metal core £20

Edited by owen

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='631287' date='Oct 20 2009, 01:10 PM']How used are the used ones?[/quote]

It depends on the strings. None of them are hammered. Which do you fancy and I will give you more detail.

Cheers.

[quote name='sjc' post='631564' date='Oct 20 2009, 05:40 PM']I'll have the:

Thom Superflexible B New price - £45 - your price £22

and the

Pirastro Flexocore B £25

Can pay by PayPal. Send me a PM[/quote]

PM :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

Have you still got any sets left - I have only recently got a 3/4 DB - it's strung with Innovation black nylon "Ultra Black" which are high tension (it says on the box).
What I'm after are a set that are, perhaps, a little easier to play - are the Helicore Solo or Orchestral more suitable - I'm playing ( or TRYING to play ) pizz for fairly basic Country/Blues/Standards kind of stuff.

On a purely practical note metallic/silver strings would also be easier to see in a dark setting on a black fingerboard!

Anyway do you have a set that might suit please?

Thanks.

Hi Stompbox

I have the Helicore Orchestral light set £40
Corelli 360 Medium Solo tuning set £30
D'addario Helicore Solo set £30

sets left

The helicore orchestral light set would probably be what you need unless you want to get adventurous and take a solo tuning set (made to tune 1 tone up so they would be pretty loose in normal tuning).

[quote name='Stompbox' post='688563' date='Dec 18 2009, 05:27 PM']Good afternoon,

Have you still got any sets left - I have only recently got a 3/4 DB - it's strung with Innovation black nylon "Ultra Black" which are high tension (it says on the box).
What I'm after are a set that are, perhaps, a little easier to play - are the Helicore Solo or Orchestral more suitable - I'm playing ( or TRYING to play ) pizz for fairly basic Country/Blues/Standards kind of stuff.

On a purely practical note metallic/silver strings would also be easier to see in a dark setting on a black fingerboard!

Anyway do you have a set that might suit please?

Thanks.[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - back after break for Christmas/New Year.

Thanks for your reply, but it looks like I missed out on the Orchestral set you recommended!

When you say "adventurous" as regards a solo set, is the idea that you would normally use them a tone up, or deliberately run them slack at normal pitch?

Could I get an idea of how they would feel by de-tuning my bass by a full tone?

Cheers.

[quote name='Stompbox' post='699955' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:43 PM']Could I get an idea of how they would feel by de-tuning my bass by a full tone?

Cheers.[/quote]

That would kind of give you the same vibe. How about I send you them on a sale or return basis? If you like them keep them, if not then send them back for a refund, minus postage costs.

I do not really have anything left in a complete set, but what kind of strings are you using at the moment? If you are using a school bass then the strings could be really horrible. Perhaps the £20 set (posted to your door) ([size=1]sell sell sell[/size]) would be an improvement, but I really cannot tell.

This might be a help to identify your present strings [url="http://www.quinnviolins.com/qv_stringidsearch.shtml"]http://www.quinnviolins.com/qv_stringidsearch.shtml[/url]

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='700358' date='Jan 4 2010, 12:20 PM']Hi
I have no idea on strings but do you have a set thats good for bowing and orchestral playing.

Thanks
Sam H[/quote]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...