Why become a member? ×

a young Marcus/Sanborn

bubinga5

One of my favorite tunes of all time. with a bass intro to die for..a young marcus and david sandborn, who is an amazing saxophonist. this is why i love Miller..a wonderfully musical player..and this is how it should be right!!! flowing with the melody..

thought i would share...the album solo is much better, but this is still wonderfull...His slap is the only slap i really enjoy listening to..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85oQSX-d6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J85oQSX-d6s[/url]

+1 for that. Even got my two kids loving this track ten years ago. Seen him do it live twice now. He sometimes plays this as his opening number. Everyone knows it and it's straight into groove city when he kicks it off. Funilly enough, both times I've seen it live, he's dispensed with the intro solo. I suppose he wants to hit you in the face with it. It certainly works. I would think this track is as much responsible for getting people onto bass as anything by Mark King, if you're into funky-jazz.

Edited by leschirons

I used to have this concert on VHS. I remember having to turn the sound up way high, as it was a such a low volume, and I ended up listening to it through loads of hiss. However, it was worth it...classic Marcus.

He is without doubt the best all-round musician the bass world has ever had, and we should be proud his main instrument is what it is.

No comparison.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='628953' date='Oct 17 2009, 07:13 PM']I used to have this concert on VHS. I remember having to turn the sound up way high, as it was a such a low volume, and I ended up listening to it through loads of hiss. However, it was worth it...classic Marcus.

He is without doubt the best all-round musician the bass world has ever had, and we should be proud his main instrument is what it is.

No comparison.[/quote]

I'd probably vote for that... killer sideman, killer soloist.. and always has been.

Also, whilst we are here...how many times how you heard Anthony Jackson not nail a track...?