Why become a member? ×

Clean Boost

woodyratm

Hey guys,
I'm looking for my next pedal to add to the weird noises.

I just recently bought a Boss Slicer which is tons of fun and great for making noises, but i want something else.

I Really want a Deep impact but of course they're like Hens teeth.... So i'm interested in something else that will make awesome noises (weirder the better!) - Currently on my board i have MKI Guvnor, Blowtorch, OC2, Fm4 and slicer.

I am also looking for something to boost my clean levels, since when i hit the drive and fuzz off the volume takes abit of a hit. I've tried lowering the volume on the pedals but it just doesnt seem to have the same bite then.
Does anyone have a clean boost pedal that is really good. Eg something just to give me abit more volume for the cleans, and finally is there anyway/pedal that will latch on when another latches off? So i hit a pedal off (my loop) and it engages the clean boost automatically. Or something?

Would Barge be able to make a blender that inlcuded the booster (for example?)

Any opinions would be great :)
Davie

[quote name='cheddatom' post='625996' date='Oct 14 2009, 01:52 PM']I was going to suggest getting someone to make a looper with built in booster on one loop. Then get a feedback control on there and your existing pedals will make weird noises![/quote]

Stupid question here. I've never actually known what a feedback loop does.
Anyone shed some light on it?

Also does anyone have any idea who would be the best bet to go to, to get something like this built?

Perhaps Red Onion could do it, or Silent Fly on here.

A feedback loop takes a bit of the return signal and sends it to the send. How much is normally determined by a pot. It can make crazy oscillations out of standard OD pedals. It gets very weird with digital pedals - try it with a couple of octaves up and some digital delay and a wah!

[quote name='woodyratm' post='625804' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:50 AM'](...)
I am also looking for something to boost my clean levels, since when i hit the drive and fuzz off the volume takes abit of a hit. I've tried lowering the volume on the pedals but it just doesnt seem to have the same bite then.
Does anyone have a clean boost pedal that is really good. Eg something just to give me abit more volume for the cleans, and finally is there anyway/pedal that will latch on when another latches off? So i hit a pedal off (my loop) and it engages the clean boost automatically. Or something?(...)[/quote]

The Boss LS-2 should be able to do what you look for.

Alternatively, (I hope it doesn’t sound like an ad) I designed a [url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=blue_dragon"]booster[/url] specifically for absolute transparency. I can modify it to activate an external loop when the boost is not active.

Edited by Silent Fly

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='626271' date='Oct 14 2009, 06:38 PM']The Boss LS-2 should be able to do what you look for.

Alternatively, (I hope it doesn’t sound like an ad) I designed a [url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=blue_dragon"]booster[/url] specifically for absolute transparency. I can modify it to activate an external loop when the boost is not active.[/quote]
Oh this seems interesting. I'll fire you off a PM

[quote name='woodyratm' post='625804' date='Oct 14 2009, 10:50 AM']I am also looking for something to boost my clean levels, since when i hit the drive and fuzz off the volume takes abit of a hit. I've tried lowering the volume on the pedals but it just doesnt seem to have the same bite then.
Does anyone have a clean boost pedal that is really good. Eg something just to give me abit more volume for the cleans, and finally is there anyway/pedal that will latch on when another latches off? So i hit a pedal off (my loop) and it engages the clean boost automatically. Or something?[/quote]

I've never really been a fan of pedals and such; I've always been a bass into amp/POD>amp, and I'm not about to get all loved up about moving Hartke products, but I picked up a Hartke Bass Attack pedal along with my cabinets. It's tamed my Bongo somewhat, but at the same time given me a tad more clarity and boost. To use a word that's already been used, it's transparent. Can't quite explain it. Reasonably cheap and quite cheerful.

P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='626271' date='Oct 14 2009, 06:38 PM']The Boss LS-2 should be able to do what you look for.

Alternatively, (I hope it doesn’t sound like an ad) I designed a [url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=blue_dragon"]booster[/url] specifically for absolute transparency. I can modify it to activate an external loop when the boost is not active.[/quote]

I still have that Blue Dragon pedal (the one in the mini-chassis, think i bought it off you a while ago?) and it works a treat, very transparent and a handy little pedal

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='627574' date='Oct 16 2009, 09:10 AM']I still have that Blue Dragon pedal (the one in the mini-chassis, think i bought it off you a while ago?) and it works a treat, very transparent and a handy little pedal[/quote]

The Blue Dragon you have is based on [url="http://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm"]Jack Orman's mosfet booster[/url]. It is nice little pedal but it a completely different from the [url="http://www.sfxsound.co.uk/mainpage.asp?page=blue_dragon"]current Blue Dragon[/url].

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='627629' date='Oct 16 2009, 10:26 AM']:)[/quote]
sorry its the chimaera on the mammothsoundaudio link.

i also do a valve clean boost which is designed to run as clean as possible while providing around 18db of boost.