Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

bassicinstinct

I obtained this graphite necked beauty specifically for a new project some months ago.

Unfortunately, my involvement in that project has ended and so this rather special bass is now available. Excellent condition apart from minor buckle rash. Includes Hiscox Status branded hard case.

Haven't anything specific in mind, but I'm really looking for something which is:

1. 4 string
2. Passive
3. With a bit of mojo :rolleyes:

No problem in offering me a "player's bass" not too fussed about condition as long as playability is not affected of course.

PM with with any ideas. The worst I can do is say no. :lol: :)

FYI. I'm more of a Jazz man than Precision, although that is primarily down to the slim neck with I much prefer.

Edited by bassicinstinct

Ahh, it's that one! Rob (Shockwave) had it for a while. Yes, lovely looking instrument with a Stealth-esque body shape. The bright red lacquer is stunning as well. What sort of a price are you looking for on this?

As for trades with "mojo", I can drag my Classic Vibe Jazz around a carpark if you like, LOL! :)

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

To be honest, I daren't actually move it for cash because I know it'll promptly get "absorbed" and I'll end up one bass down and nothing to show for it, so I'd really much prefer to trade if the right beasty appears on the horizon.

Having said that, I suppose I'd put the value at something in the order of £700 -£750.

The Cherry finish is much richer and darker than it appears in the pics - and much nicer I reckon. :lol:

Thanks for the dragging the Jazz round the Car Park offer - it's a thought. :) :rolleyes:

Edited by bassicinstinct

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='623486' date='Oct 11 2009, 09:27 PM']Anyone hankering after some quality graphite?[/quote]
looks tres nice, I've just shifted a custom jazz with status graphite neck to pay for my Genz Benz neo.....I miss the neck. Only have 1 x 4 string though, passive Warwick.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='623704' date='Oct 12 2009, 08:07 AM']I'm surprised nobody has asked..... string spacing?[/quote]

Someone has asked via PM. :rolleyes:

Although I wouldn't know where to start to measure the string spacing (at bridge?) accurately, research seems to suggest that the norm for this model and age seems to be 18mm, so I'm assuming that would be the case with mine.

Have you something to offer in exchange? :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='623753' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:27 AM']Someone has asked via PM. :rolleyes:

Although I wouldn't know where to start to measure the string spacing (at bridge?) accurately, research seems to suggest that the norm for this model and age seems to be 18mm, so I'm assuming that would be the case with mine.

Have you something to offer in exchange? :)[/quote]

Measure from the centre of the B sting to the centre of the G string on top of the bridge saddles. Divide by 4 (yes 4!)

Dunno really.... my Black/Maple StingRay (4 string, 3EQ) is pretty much unplayed now I seem to gone over to the "dark side" (i.e. 5 strings). Don't know if that's up your street.

Unfortunately, I [i][b]think[/b][/i] i'm a bit more "old school" than that - probably an age thing!! :lol:

Thanks for the measuring tip though.

On that basis, I get it to 17.75 mm, so itmlooks like it is the standard 18mm spacing.

All PMs replied to. Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Any more? Spector or Shuker could be interesting, or a Precision if the neck wasn't too chunky.

I realise I'm in danger of starting to contradict myself now so I'll shut up!! :) :rolleyes:

Basically, please don't hesitate to offer me [i][b]anything [/b][/i]on the basis that I may not know what I really want until I see it.

Comprendez? :lol: :lol:

Edited by bassicinstinct

I had this one for a while and its a lovely bass. Great neck.

It was a toss up whether I kept this or a Sandberg PM5. In the end my Sanberg got the vote as its a bit more versatile - but it was close.

As I recall the bass is in splendid condition - with just the afore-mentioned (very small) patch of buckle rash on the back.

[quote name='JD1' post='623810' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:30 AM']I had this one for a while and its a lovely bass. Great neck.

It was a toss up whether I kept this or a Sandberg PM5. In the end my Sanberg got the vote as its a bit more versatile - but it was close.

As I recall the bass is in splendid condition - with just the afore-mentioned (very small) patch of buckle rash on the back.[/quote]

Yes indeedy!!

Thank you for those kind words.

As things seem to have gone decidedly quiet, I'm going to try to inject a little urgency into the situation by withdrawing the offer at 7.00 this Friday evening (16th October) unless a deal is struck, or at the very least on the table, before then.

I've also decided to make the bass available on a cash sale basis for £750 (no offers), payable on collection. I am happy to drive up to 50 miles to meet/deliver, petrol costs of £20 payable by buyer.

Anyone? :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='625720' date='Oct 14 2009, 08:41 AM']As things seem to have gone decidedly quiet, I'm going to try to inject a little urgency into the situation by withdrawing the offer at 7.00 this Friday evening (16th October) unless a deal is struck, or at the very least on the table, before then.

I've also decided to make the bass available on a cash sale basis for £750 (no offers), payable on collection. I am happy to drive up to 50 miles to meet/deliver, petrol costs of £20 payable by buyer.

Anyone? :lol: :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
Curious and Curiouser?...7.00... Friday the sixteenth?.....
BUMP!

[quote name='owenfielding' post='626784' date='Oct 15 2009, 11:26 AM']i really like your bass! lovely!

do you like the Yamaha BBNE2 (nathan east sig model) 5-string thru-neck i have for sale on this very site? (the very bass that is my avatar)

regards, owen fielding[/quote]

Nice looking bass, but not really my cup of meat I'm afraid.

Good luck with the sale. :)