Why become a member? ×

Effects into a separate Amp

PauBass

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='621407' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:46 AM']I am not sure I understand why you would like to run the effects in a second amp.

Unless the the second amp has a very strong personality, from the sound viewpoint, you should be able to achieve the same thing with a blender.[/quote]
head room also if your running big octave down effects in parallel or bass heavy fuzzs it'll eat into the headroom so it's easier on the amps to run them in parallel. Also you can eq them differently!

[quote name='umph' post='623261' date='Oct 11 2009, 05:40 PM']head room also if your running big octave down effects in parallel or bass heavy fuzzs it'll eat into the headroom so it's easier on the amps to run them in parallel. Also you can eq them differently![/quote]

Yea, this. Plus, it just sounds massive! Guess that once it's through the PA it might not make much difference but I like being able to treat each chain differently and have both going on independently behind me. As mentioned, both amps have a fair bit of character too I reckon.

• 3 weeks later...
:)

I've lost the manual for the Boss LS-2 and I need a bit of help here.

I want to try two things with the two amp rig:

1- Run the two amps on all the time, one clean and add the effects just on the second one when needed.

2- Have one amp clean at all times and only kick in the second amp with the effects as required.

Can I do it with the LS-2? If so, what are the right pedal settings for each option?

[quote name='PauBass' post='647907' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:21 AM']:)

1- Run the two amps on all the time, one clean and add the effects just on the second one when needed.

2- Have one amp clean at all times and only kick in the second amp with the effects as required.

Can I do it with the LS-2? If so, what are the right pedal settings for each option?[/quote]

[url="http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_06-10490/LS-2_e.pdf"]http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_06-10490/LS-2_e.pdf[/url]

Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

[quote name='WarPig' post='647912' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:24 AM'][url="http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_06-10490/LS-2_e.pdf"]http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_06-10490/LS-2_e.pdf[/url]

Hope that helps. :)[/quote]

Thanks!

Anyone has tried to do with the LS-2 what I asked on my previous post?

[quote name='mildmanofrock' post='648426' date='Nov 7 2009, 11:17 PM']Would bi-amping make full PA gigs more difficult - especially with limited soundchecking time? Plus sweet-talking the soundman into micing up or taking DIs out of two heads and balancing the two sounds out front?[/quote]

DI the bottom, and mic the effected cab is probably simplest solution.

[quote name='PauBass' post='647907' date='Nov 7 2009, 10:21 AM']:)

Can I do it with the LS-2? If so, what are the right pedal settings for each option?[/quote]

1 - I'm not sure if you wan do this. You might need 2 inputs on your effects amp. Then you could have send A going straight to the amp, and send B going through some pedals and then to the amp. If they're hi/lo gain just use the knobs on the LS-2 to level them out.

2 - If you plug the output of the LS2 into your main clean amp and send A into your effects chain, and have it on A+B/Bypass, then hopefully it would work. If it mutes the clean amp when you switch on the pedal you'd have to add a patch lead to the send and return B. Then use the knobs to level it out.