Why become a member? ×

how much does it cost to post/ courier a bass

Fionn

I've shipped 4 basses with Interparcel and have had no problems with their budget/economy service

They use UPS and it costs £8.20 with Paypal.
Usually have to print the labels yourself though

That's the cheapest i know of for basses and cabs, obviously if you want to insure it for more than the paltry amount then it'll cost more. They'll ship a bass in a full flightcase too, a lot of companies charge extra for items over 1m

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='621160' date='Oct 8 2009, 11:22 PM']I've shipped 4 basses with Interparcel and have had no problems with their budget/economy service[/quote]
I sent a couple of thing through interparcel recently including a bass - no problems. Paid for the economy service, the stuff was picked up late afternoon and was delivered to the recipient the next day.

Its probably a good idea to print off an extra copy of the label & ask the UPS driver to sign it to confirm pickup as its a paperless service. You can also use the tracking number on the label via the UPS website.

I've also used Interparcel for UK and International bass transportation and never had a problem. One thing that did concern me the first time they collected; you get no receipt to say the drive picked it up! Now I'm just an old fashioned guy but I like to have some form of signed receipt or evidence so I contacted them and they recommended that I print off a second delivery note and get the driver to sign it (first time he collected I grabbed the digi-cam and took a snap of his van numberplate outside the house... thinking the digital time signature would at least be better than NO proof :) ).

A quick head up for Parcelfarce. Plenty of people have had problems, but I personally have sent loads of basses straight from the post office via Parcelforce 48 and never had an issue, usually delivered next day, and so far, touch wood, perfectly intact basses every time. Usually around 20 quid though.