Why become a member? ×

Looking for a cab.

vegas_hooker

Im going to be looking at a new cab soon to run with a Sunn 300T.

I am running it with an Ashdown MAG410 which is ok, but I dont think it is the most sensitive and rounded of cabs.

I have been looking at an Aguilar GS412 and/or GS212. But wondered if anyone might have some other suggestions that could really handle the power of the amp. I play fairly driven tones with a pick and Pbass, so I was really looking for something that can handle OD and volume comfortably whilst moving some serious air.

Cheers.

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='616867' date='Oct 4 2009, 09:25 PM']Im going to be looking at a new cab soon to run with a Sunn 300T.

I am running it with an Ashdown MAG410 which is ok, but I dont think it is the most sensitive and rounded of cabs.

I have been looking at an Aguilar GS412 and/or GS212. But wondered if anyone might have some other suggestions that could really handle the power of the amp. I play fairly driven tones with a pick and Pbass, so I was really looking for something that can handle OD and volume comfortably whilst moving some serious air.

Cheers.[/quote]

GS412 will cover you. Used the SS version, Sunn 1200S (Joe Garcia's rig) and it copes ideally. Also ran one with a Laney Nexus 400w valve head, also happy.

The Barefaced Vintage would also probably be happy. Ridiculously loud.

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='616883' date='Oct 4 2009, 09:35 PM']The louder the better haha.

How does it cope with guitars?[/quote]

In what way? Have seen guitar played through a GS412. Or how it comes across over loud guitar, check sig I guess, although that was studio trickery, it was all recordeed live, miced and di-ed with everyone playing in the room at once.

[quote name='umcoo' post='616933' date='Oct 4 2009, 10:16 PM']The Aggies do look excellent. Might be worth asking at Matamp Nath, I see they do a 2x12 for £350. Can the Sunn do 2 ohms? Get 2 4ohm 2x12's and you'll be sorted for £700 :)

P.S. I want a shot when you get sorted![/quote]

I hadnt given matamp a thought. I might get on that once I can afford it all. And yeah, it does goes to 2ohms.

I thought you might want a go.....parasite!