Why become a member? ×

Bass Like a Guitar

Kaiu

You might try the MXR bass blowtorch. Not only can you control distortion/fuzz level but there's a blend too, so you can dial in as much or as little in. There's a 3 band EQ and a 3-way switch to let you select mid frequency. When I hit the the red button on the side I get mental, almost synth fuzz. Use it for playing Muse songs live and just as overdrive.

I think it will sort you right out.

[quote name='Sharkfinger' post='619339' date='Oct 7 2009, 09:43 AM']You might try the MXR bass blowtorch. Not only can you control distortion/fuzz level but there's a blend too, so you can dial in as much or as little in. There's a 3 band EQ and a 3-way switch to let you select mid frequency. When I hit the the red button on the side I get mental, almost synth fuzz. Use it for playing Muse songs live and just as overdrive.

I think it will sort you right out.[/quote]

Tried a few pedals today. Some of the Electro Harmonix stuff was too fuzzy. The Boss OD was to harsh, but I was really impressed with the MXR blowtorch, when it's really cranked it does go a bit synthy. Plus the eq means I can get it to cut right through the mix.

Thanks for the advice! I think I've decided on the MXR blowtorch, it's one of the few suggestions I was able to try and I was impressed by it.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kaiu' post='620828' date='Oct 8 2009, 06:14 PM']Tried a few pedals today. Some of the Electro Harmonix stuff was too fuzzy. The Boss OD was to harsh, but I was really impressed with the MXR blowtorch, when it's really cranked it does go a bit synthy. Plus the eq means I can get it to cut right through the mix.

Thanks for the advice! I think I've decided on the MXR blowtorch, it's one of the few suggestions I was able to try and I was impressed by it.

Ed[/quote]

Glad I could help, let us know how it goes.