Why become a member? ×

Gold Warmoth 54 Precision bass FS/FT

Delberthot

I have a confession to make, I haven't used my beloved gold Warmoth bass for a while now, instead preferring to use my E series MIJ Precision.

I thought I'd gauge whether there would be enough interest to either sell it as a complete bass or split it for parts.

Obviously I'd be looking to sell the bulk of the bits - ie I'm not going to sell the pickup if no one wants anything else.

The spec is as follows:

Mahogany body finished in gold sparkle - perfect condition

Wenge neck with ebony fretboard and gold frets ( they have copper or something in them to make them appear gold) - Its a wee bit untidy where the jan III sits due to me making an arse of fitting it which resulted in me having to go to Jimmy moon in Glasgow for him to fix but you don't notice it from the front - in fact when I was taking pics of it, i could hardly see it myself. I have also painted the headstock black with the grain of the wenge showing through and it also has my initials on it but this could be sanded down with a bit of elbow grease. It has the tele headstock.

Gold hardware which comprises - Schaller tuners, Gotoh 201 bridge, Schaller strap locks, gold knobs & string tree, later era precision bridge cover (not currently fitted but holes are there for it.

Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickup, CTS 500k pots, gold electrosocket & paper in oil cap

Some pics:

None of these pics do the bass justice. the gold body looks fantastic on stage with the lights shining on it and the wenge neck is the richest chocolate colour I've ever seen.

If there's enough interest then I'll look into splitting it if no one wants to buy the whole thing but I'd rather get buyers for most of the parts before I commit to anything. If someone wants the neck & someone else wants the body complete then that's cool as well or any combination of parts.

Once i get some feedback, I'll fire some prices on the component parts. This bass is featured on the Warmoth site but the pic I gave them was reduced in quality so doesn't look particularly good.

Its rear routed so you could fit pretty much anything in there that you want. I briefly had a 2 band Bartolini harness in there and there was loads of room for it and the battery.

Edited by Delberthot

I've been bitten by the split coil P bass bug - as opposed to the single coil variety which I have been using over the last few years so if there was a trade on offer then I'd be looking at something like a US fender P, Sandberg PM or a much older Fender P.

I play mainly 4 strings now but could be tempted by a 5. I'd consider any kind of Leo fender creation - Musicman, Fender & G&L and any clones thereof

I really don't have a clue about price but my other Warmoth 54 bass was traded for a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string and I was also offered a Sandberg PM 5 string as well for a straight swap. This one cost a lot more to build than the other as i was very picky about choosing the right woods, colour & hardware.

I'd also consider a Lakland Duck Dunn.

I've not really thought a great deal about what I would take for a trade as I have been weighing up whether to sell it or not for ages now but the worst I could do is say no.

If someone wants to PM me a cash price then I would consider it. I don't have a figure in my head but if I think its reasonable then I'll take it.

Edited by Delberthot

My central heating boiler decided to pack in on the coldest day of the year so I'm ideally looking for cash. alternatively, if you happen to be a central heating engineer and can access combi boilers for much cheapness then I'll happily do a trade.

I can't think of any stranger trade offers than this but given the circumstances needs must etc.

I'm off to have a look at it and see if there's anything I can legally do to get it running since I'm not corgi registered or whatever it is now. I think its a fan that's stopped working so I'll get it off and give it a clean.

If I'm not on later I can be reached at the burns ward of Falkirk Infirmary. I'll be the guy that looks like al jolson with no eyebrows :)

OK, since there are various hints on the forum elsewhere, the first offer of £600 gets it.

I will still consider trades but no jazz basses cos I just don't like them :snob:

The price includes delivery in a hard case.

Edited by Delberthot

afraid so.

I must admit that I didn't think that i would ever sell it butI think its time to move on to another phase of trying different stuff.

There's still so much that I've never tried and basses I;ve sold that I'd like back again

I still miss my 90s MIJ Fender precision in shell pink with maple fretboard- now that would seal the deal

Edited by Delberthot

I'd still consider splitting the bass up if there are certain parts you are after but would prefer a sale of straight swap for something else.

This bass is too good to be split up

The kind of trades I have in mind are:

Fender

jaguar
precision
mustang

Musicman

Stingray
Sterling

G&L

L2000
asat

Yamaha

BB something or other, old or new

Warwick

Corvette - but not a $$

Peavey

TL4 or 5
Rudy Szarzo
T40

I'd prefer either straight swaps on these of trades with cash my way. This list is not exhustive and there may be something I've missed or not thought about so am open to ideas.