Why become a member? ×

Maya jazz bass

wildus

[quote name='Bassassin' post='67710' date='Sep 30 2007, 04:15 PM']Very nice piece of vintage JapCrap! :) Unusual to see maple with black blocks on a sunburst - & it looks great.

Schaller 3D looks good on a J & it's an excellent bridge too - got one on my 1980 CSL Jazz.

Jon.[/quote]
The bridge is nice had it on a old fretless,this maya has a good sound
Might get some more japcrap, very good basses for the money

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone

I own a Maya electric bass (jazz Bass)

I use elites groundwound strings love the feel off them and the bass play amazing to me, brought it for £150 6 months ago

But when it comes to the sound it is muddy.

Was thinking delano and GLOCKENKLANG preamp but your looking at near £300 for that.

Does anyone have a cheaper solution?

[quote name='dasbear69' timestamp='1377674477' post='2190065'] Hi Everyone I own a Maya electric bass (jazz Bass) I use elites groundwound strings love the feel off them and the bass play amazing to me, brought it for £150 6 months ago But when it comes to the sound it is muddy. Was thinking delano and GLOCKENKLANG preamp but your looking at near £300 for that. Does anyone have a cheaper solution? [/quote]

maybe Seymour Duncan passive or active jazz pups, no preamp at first to see if it sounds good enough without one.