Why become a member? ×

tuners - best (cheap) ones

lanark

I'm in need of a tuner that I can plug straight into the guitar so I can tune up when everyone else in the band is make a whole load of noise around me.

Problem is that I don't want to spend much money on it, so I need something that works really well but also doesn't cost much money.

Over to you for advice and opinions.

Thanks

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='613978' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:53 PM']You can get a full set of Wilkinson branded tuners for about £25 last time I looked, but I know a lot of prices have gone up recently...[/quote]

Thanks, but I should have been clearer. When I say tuner, I mean to tune a guitar not the machineheads. But thanks for the advice :-)

I borrowed one of those clip on tuners a few months ago. It didn't track the open E string very well but picked up the 12th fret harmonic easily. Very handy for tuning up before a gig without digging out a lead as well.

Can't remember the name of it, though I could find out, but it was cheap enough.

The only one I use is the Planet waves bass SOS. I can get my bass in tune in a few seconds unplugged with loads of crash-bang-wallop all around. Best tuner I own (actually I keep losing & refinding them so I have two spares which come in handy)

[url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/2536-planet_waves_pw_ct_06_s_o_s_bass_guitar_tuner"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/25...ss_guitar_tuner[/url]

I can't actually tune the E string on my ashborys with any other tuner but an S.O.S.