Why become a member? ×

Anyone ever heard of Scott Professional cabs?

timo

I have a random cab in my room which just says "Scott Professional" on the front. I think my mum bought it randomly a few years ago but now its sat in my room and its huge and i need the space so I'm going to sell it. Anyone ever heard of them? I guess its a UK make/person but I cant find any info anywhere and searching google is a nightmare as it just finds people called Scott who are professional speakers...

• 10 months later...

Hi again, sorry I haven't looked at this in ages! Went off to uni and completely forgot! Anyway... That cab is the same make yeah. The logo on mine is a bit different but its very similar. Here's a couple of pics of mine:
[attachment=11898:sp1.jpg]
[attachment=11899:sp2.jpg]

Anyone have any idea what it would be worth? Its taking up a lot of space in my room that i need for other junk!

Cheers
Tim

Scott was a PA cab builder based, I think, in Yorkshire in the 1980s. They used McKenzie drivers, which have also disappeared now, but were quite good. Their stuff was mid-market quality. Watch out for mis-tuned cabinets - many bass cabinets were mis-tuned in those days and can be improved by doing it properly. I don't think they are worth much nowadays.

[quote name='timo' post='260603' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:11 AM']OK thanks, I might just chuck the cab and keep the speakers until I need them and then do a DIY effort[/quote]

Probably not a bad idea. Nobody seems to be keen on single 2x15 cabs nowadays. The top of the line McKenzies were called the Studio series. If you've got those, you're in luck. Remember to keep all the cabinet hardware (like the metal corners, feet and so on), as it adds up to quite a lot if you have to buy it all new.