Why become a member? ×

Sold.

Josh

Time to move this bass on as for my current project I feel I need something else.

I've had this bass for a good few months and has been brilliant in all areas, both playability and tonality it rivals a Sadowsky I use to have and just generally oozes expert craftsmanship which most have come to the expect from Bernie.

This is indeed a Prototype and as such it is inscribed in the neck joint, so here's a picture to save hassle:

Bernie Goodfellow GBIV Standard Prototype Serial No: 001: Built 25 November 1995.

Initialled and dated by Bernie J Goodfellow (B.J.G).

For a 14 year old bass it is in pretty good condition, there are a few dings on the back and some minor buckle rash and only a minor ding by the neck on the front.

Anyways, [u]Pictures:[/u]

I tired to highlight the minor ding at the front as best as I could, and also to show the minor wear on the bridge which is still fully functional.

[u]Specs:[/u]

Birdseye maple neck and fret board
Quilted maple body.
EMG Soap Bar Pick Ups
Black BadAss II Bridge
Black Schaller Tuners
Black Schaller Drop D Tuner.
9 Volt Electronics

I've recently strung up this bass with some DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams as well.

[u]Price:[/u]

£600 Collected inc. Hardcase

u]Trade Bait:[/u]

Marcus Miller Jazz Bass
Spector Rebop 4 or 5 String
Warwick Streamer Stage 1 4 String
Musicman Stingray 4 String
Or any other nice Jazz basses.

Any other questions or anything just ask :).

Thanks Guys,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

[quote name='pal1972' post='612117' date='Sep 29 2009, 03:57 PM']trade for a 24 fret active jazz?? - God loves a tryer!!!![/quote]

God loves many things, but that's a debate for another day.

Colour me interested man, any pics at all?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='612190' date='Sep 29 2009, 04:58 PM']PM'd - Does Bernie always use EMG's in the Spitfires?[/quote]

No, some early basses contained Bartolinis, EMGs and Kent Armstrongs... - this example was produced prior to the GB Spitfire circuit (in line knobs) and pickups... they were later phased out and replaced with the Rumour pickups and circuit as standard. He doesn't have any off the shelf electronics at all now.

[quote name='pal1972' post='612179' date='Sep 29 2009, 04:50 PM']see thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61851&st=0#entry610784"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0#entry610784[/url][/quote]

Dang it, I was going for the maple finger board version man.

I'll pass on it man:-).

Could the new GB pick ups and circuit be retro fitted into this bass?

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='612203' date='Sep 29 2009, 05:05 PM']No, some early basses contained Bartolinis, EMGs and Kent Armstrongs... - this example was produced prior to the GB Spitfire circuit (in line knobs) and pickups... they were later phased out and replaced with the Rumour pickups and circuit as standard. He doesn't have any off the shelf electronics at all now.[/quote]

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='615091' date='Oct 2 2009, 06:42 PM']I'm getting this error message when I try to view the clip:

[b]"This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."[/b]

I'm assuming I'm not the only one? :)[/quote]
That's odd, my profile isn't set to private at all.